Sunday, November 25, 2012

Beach Cottage Christmas Decor...A Bit Of Shabby Chic

I hope that you had a great Thanksgiving!

In my previous post I mentioned that we were up at our beach home for the long weekend and I had the chance to go on a bit of a buying trip for the WEBSITE in addition to everything else going on. 
I don't seem to have much time to go to flea markets lately, so it was fun....and then I hit a couple of other stops that I know of along the way back to the beach place. 
I found some beautiful plates, and a huge moving size box of vintage Shiny Brite Christmas ornaments and other vintage Christmas bits.

Although we are back at home now, I thought that it would be fun to spend a little time before we left setting up some simple Beach Cottage Christmas decor, and I hope that we have a chance to get back up and enjoy it at the beach house this season!

I hope that you enjoy the photos and perhaps find some inspiration here.....

A large clam shell holds some of the old mercury glass Shiny Brite ornaments that I found at the flea market
The plates are all vintage...some English white ironstone and the little plates that I also found at the flea market mixed in
Chairs are from Restoration Hardware, but you can find these type of reproduction vintage chairs on several websites. The slipcovers are from Rachel's Ashwell Shabby Chic Couture
The weather was nippy at the beach, so I found myself often wrapped up in this throw. Mixing textures adds interest to a home setting (as well as keeping one warmed up:-)
I don't have napkin rings at the beach house, but we do like to use cloth napkins. I took some tin foil and simply fashioned a napkin ring and added vintage hearts that were in the box lot of ornaments that I found
My sweet daughter who was with us this past weekend brought me a bouquet of beautiful white roses
A vintage aqua Mason jar partially filled with beach glass that I collect on my walks holds the flatware
A vintage glass salt cellar in a stunning shade of blue, a scattering of sea shells and vintage "snowflakes"
I hope that you enjoyed the photos and have a great week ahead!

SHABBYFUFU Instagram

Partying Over At French Country Cottage HERE

15 comments:

Alabaster Rose Lifestyle said...

It's looking just beautiful Janet!!
I love the colors of the vintage ornaments and plates.
Hope you have a lovely week.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

Beautiful..
We also went to the beach for a wee break. St Augustine :-) Was a nice blustery day... 56 degrees with wind gusts of 14 mph... but we had fun!
No fun buys though... I luv your ornaments! What a score.
Cheers, Gee

Susan said...

Your beach theme Christmas decorations are so very pretty~

Verbena nested treasures said...

Hi Janet, I love to see your beautiful dreamy vignettes & pictures. Love the aqua accent with all the shades of white. How great to have a Beach cottage especialy when you have such great taste to do what you do. Nice to stop by. xo Laura

Debra Howard said...

That turned out gorgeous! I have a salt cellar just like that one. I like to put tea lite candles in mine. Beautiful decorations dear.
Debbie

NanaDiana said...

It is just gorgeous, Janet. I love the vintage ornaments and I see your daughter knows you well- xo Diana

MIchaela Staňková said...

Wow so beautiful christmas decorations-Love ♥
Have a nice day!!!
xoxo..by Vicky

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love the shell with the ornaments--great idea!

Anne said...

Beautiful Janet! LOVE those colors!
xx
Anne

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Beautiful setting, Janet! I love your colors, perfect for a beach setting.

~Shanon

pink*cherub*moon said...

Janet, I love those shiney brights! The colors are so pretty and they work really well with your beach house decor! I hope that you can spend some more relaxing time over the holidays at the beach! It's just beautiful and looks so relaxing! Hugs, Leena

PURA VIDA said...

Janet love the beachy colors and vibe!

Cindy said...

It's all so pretty with the natural wood and all the beachy blues. I love the big shell filled with ornaments!

Cindy

Heaven's Walk said...

Janet - I LOVE your table and the vignette you created on it! I'm all about that shabby chic romantic prairie look and you nailed it! :)

xoxo laurie

Sally Lee said...

Fabulous ideas - I enjoyed them all!

Marie
xoxo