Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Travel Photos....Hello From NYC

Well hello everyone....I hope that you are enjoying the summer, which is going by so quickly! Like many of my blog friends I just don't seem to be finding the time lately to get on and post on this blog. If you can come over and visit me on Facebook I'm over there more often these days....I'd love to connect with you:-).  If you are a fan of Shabbyfufu I've been posting special sales and discounts as well...so that's how you'll find out about those.


My husband and I just got back from a quick trip to NYC to visit our daughter who has been living out of "the big green suitcase" for the last year. She's currently working in New York, so we went up to spend some time with her and to enjoy the city. NYC really does have it all...great buildings, fabulous places to eat, wonderful hotels, shopping, etc. As they say "if you can't find it in New York it probably doesn't exist", very true.
One of my favorite things about NYC is the old against the new in terms of it's architecture. I shot hundreds of photos and won't be posting them all here (obviously!) but thought that I would share just a few favorites with you today......
Old against new, I love that juxtaposition
View from Central Park
We took a romantic carriage ride through the park
You might not expect to see a sign like this in the middle of bustling NYC
I love fashion, and my daughter convinced me that the 3 1/2 hr wait to get into this show (she'd already been) was worth the wait. Really I just have one word for it, which is AWESOME
Fashion in every storefront window is beautifully displayed
I often had to scratch my head and ask myself "are we back in Paris"???
Amazing old church 

I shot this in St Patrick's Cathedral
We stayed in Midtown Manhattan and often walked around the Upper East Side
Oh yes, we are not in Paris....but in NYC!
Well you KNOW that I had to do some flea markets
Again, NOT Paris....Bryant Park
The Diamond District and the Garment District were great people watching (& street photo shooting) 
It's almost 10 years since 9/11.....remembering those who lost their lives
I hope that you enjoyed my photos.
I'm working on some romantic new things for the website, so I'll be back soon to show you what I've been up to. Lots of love to all.....

9 comments:

Junk-it Junction... said...

Great pics Janet, I think I would have shot the same!
I so desparately wanted to go to New York on our U.S trip, but just didnt have the time left, definitely next time!
I bet it was great catching up with your daughter.

Elyse said...

fantabulous photos, janet! i definitely want to go in the fall.

xo
elyse

Roberta said...

wow janet! awesome photos!! who knew? xo

DEB said...

Janet...Oh hon Love your pics!!! You take the most amazing shots..
I have been to NYC only once..& of course this okie was aweeee struck..but it was soo awesome!
I know you had a great time with daughter! lol one of her tweets was funny!!
Thanks for the pics..glad you & hubby made it safe:)
Hugs..
Deb:) xoxox

Marydon said...

Janet, your pictures are wonderful! NYC is such a captivating subject to photograph. Glad you had a nice visit.

Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY, for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

Have a beautiful weekend.
Hugs,
TTFN ~
Marydon

Siobhan said...

Hi Janet, My friend is going to NYC this week...I wish I was going with her as it looks amazing! Maybe once we get settled into the new house?

Siobhan xo

Cinner said...

wonderful photos Janet, makes me want to go. good luck with all your new adventures. c

Tutti Chic said...

awesome photos fufu. new york is a great place to visit! xo

Franee said...

Your pictures and travels to the city are exquisite! You certainly make the city look magical :)