Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Shabbyfufu Mango Bread Goodness...The BEST Mango Bread Recipe Repeat

Mango bread goodness.....


I have a repeat post that has been one of the most popular in my years of blogging, and although I don't normally do many recipe posts this one is perfect for summer entertaining, for breakfast or wrapped up all fancy for gift giving. Sorry that I don't have the time to do any lavish table or styled shots today, just deal with it! 
If you love mangos, try this one out asap. Photos included as a guideline of how stages look....

3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 1/2 cups mangos, peeled and chopped
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup golden raisins
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups white sugar
2 eggs

Directions:

1. Combine all of the dry ingredients. Beat eggs with oil and add flour to mixture. Add mangos, lemon and raisins.
2. Pour into 2 greased (Pam spray) 8 x 4 loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hr or until toothpick comes out clean.

2 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

This sounds delicious, Janet. Tart and sweet? I love mango salads and salsa, so I bet I'd love this! Thanks!

XO,
Jane

Marilyn said...

Yum! Texture or no texture, the are scrumptious photos.