Sunday, June 12, 2011

Not A Prairie Girl.....

Hello everyone...
Although I dearly love romantic prairie style, truth be told I am not a country girl by any stretch. I was born in NYC and have spent most of my life in Miami. Big city, although we do live in the burbs. Allergies and constantly itchy puffy eyes are the bane of my existence, so as much as I relish wide open spaces it's a semi~city life and beach life for me! 

So when the chance came up to participate in an advanced photo learning session with this well known architectural and interiors photographer I jumped at the chance.....


As you may know if you have followed my blog journey for any length of time, my roots are as an artist, having studied art in college and post grad as well. In everyday life however I've been busy running my website business at SHABBYFUFU for over twelve years now. It's a mix......antiques/vintage and my own artwork/original creations, as well as that of several artist/friends. It gets hectic and at times overwhelming and I wouldn't have it any other way, YET I am glad when things slow down a bit and I can get back to my artist roots. Totally for sure......


A long day starting at 6:30 am on Saturday was planned to capture the morning light, and the shoot was  wrapped around graffiti in an urban neighborhood of Miami known as Wynwood. You know....the hood? Dis is da hood...urban and gritty and a bit out of my normal shooting of feminine interiors, products and florals! I've taken literally thousands of photos of over the years of selling on~line. I think that I need to get outside of my little box every now and then and I really enjoyed the challenge. In the city.....
Me likey, all smiles!.......


Abandoned.....
People actually do live around here....
Group.....
Amazing artists with awesome imaginations.....
Do you know who this is? If you live in Miami you certainly do.....
Anything is fair game for paint in Wynwood......
Reminded me of my free spirited bohemian college days......
Love!.....
Apparently this guy is not really missing.....
Oh Mona, you naughty girl.....
It's a wrap.....
Not to creep you out too much, but this is from the movie "Eyes Wide Shut" by Kubrick......
Lunched here.....
Some of my favorite photos that I took into Photoshop for some quick citified grunge editing.....





Have a beautiful week, I'll be back soon with a FABULOUS GIVEAWAY for you....I know that you will love it!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Janet, I guess this is what makes us all unique... I am a country girl and would not fit in the "big cities"... love that you are getting to do things you like... and so happy you follow your heart wherever you go... don't ever leave Shabbyfufu though!... I would miss your one of a kind creations and vintage treasures... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm really impressed! Love the details in these & very cool to see you try a different style. : )
    -K

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Janet. The colors, movement, style. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, great photos...it sounds like you had so much fun! I think I'm a mix of country and city. I love the feel of the country, but need to live close to a city :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY nice Janet. I'm a city girl at heart even though I grew up in a little town. This is weird I know, but the quiet in the country creeps me out. I have to hear noise so I know that life is carrying on even while I sleep. Not the popular notion out here in Blogland but that's just how it is for me.

    Can't wait to see more of your fun artistic bent.

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow hon!!! Love all the different pics...very impressive & we all have to step outside the box some..non??!! Very glad you did..you will only grow as an artist:) I love looking & seeing different!! I guess I am a half & half girl too...grew up in a small city..but love the country..small town girl at heart<3!
    You still amaze me & I want you to know..I am NOT artys...but you do inspire me to try:)
    Have a great week hon!
    Hugs..
    Deb:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete