Tuesday, May 31, 2011

White Displays To Inspire....Various Vessels

Hello to you....and you...and you....


Just a quick post as I was playing around with some textures and actions on a handful of my photos today, trying each day to master a bit more of Photoshop. I run a pretty busy website and I need to be careful of the time that I devote to working on my photography, but I do so enjoy enjoy it!


This afternoon I put together some very simple displays in various vessels from my studio that would be easy for anyone to do with something similar. I hope that these inspire you.....and you....and you....


An inverted antique French beaded dome with some white paper pom flowers
You can do this in any bowl or vessel....make your own poms or find them in the bridal section of your party store
White buttons in a simple silver bowl....I love the juxtaposition of the patina on the old white and shiny silver
Old aqua ball jar filled with mica flakes in my studio...sparkle in a subtle way with the zinc top all tattered

Lovely old skeleton key, tattered ribbons, burlap thread pulls and more old buttons
Faded grandeur of antique pearls in old tin molds

Antique chandelier crystals in white ironstone relish dishes
Various textures from Kim Klassen and actions from Florabella
Linking up today with Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday and Faded Charms White Wednesday

12 comments:

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful white post. I love it. I could have added frost to your picture...hahaha...here in S. California and we are still getting a bit of the white sparkly frost in the mornings! Oh my.
Love all the goodies you take pictures of...wonderful.
blessings,
Debbie

Fishtail Cottage said...

Your photo's are beautiful! oxox, tracie

Susan said...

Gorgeous treasures and clever juxtapositions! I just love your style, blog and seeing your features in the magazines.
Happy WW,
- Susan

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Hi Janet... everything is so pretty... you are getting really good at your Photo Shop... we don't have that program, darnit. Love the old blue canning jars and zinc lids, and the photo of the vintage pearls in little old molds... xoxo Julie Marie

Crystal said...

I love all of the texture!! It's so beautiful!!! Photography is so addicting!!

Lou said...

Love your picture of the little molds. Totally forgot that my mother used these for jello when we were youngins on the farm. Very creative. Thanks for the memory.
Connie (akalou)

A Rosy Note said...

All your photos looks so pretty Janet! I really love the one with the buttons in silver bowl. Gosh, that's gorgeous!

Hope you're having a good week ♥ Tricia

Linda Carole Bloom said...

I love your white on white photos - I have been reading Kim's blog and want to try experimenting with some of the textures - yours look great! Love, Linda

tales from an oc cottage said...

Gorgeous!

m ^..^

Sherri @ Antique Paperie said...

Janet I love your photography so much ~ Such Beautiful pieces and delightful display of all the little treasures you have! Your style is so unique and Original I can't help but admire {and drool!}from a distance...the little gold bowl with the buttons is stunning ~ I love the textures you are adding too, gorgeous my friend! Happy week to you, xo

VINTAGE HOME lifestyle said...

Beautiful photos, Janet. So very inspiring.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I am so excited about meeting Fifi...she seems to be such a delight.
ox
Cathleen

Queen of Dreamsz said...

Hi Janet,

I love everything...I love to collect vintage mother of pearl buttons and rhinestone jewelry.

Blogger has been holding my blog hostage on and off since the big outage in May. I finally am able to post and comment again!

Have a wonderful week,
Hugs,
Stephanie ♥