Thursday, May 26, 2011

Silk Roses & Vintage Millinery

Greetings everyone and happy long holiday weekend to all of my friends in the U.S! I'll be up at our beach home for this Memorial Day weekend and hoping for some good weather. It's getting hot here in South Florida and kinda rainy too.


I'm happy to join in on another photo challenge today with A Rosy Note, and you will find the button on my sidebar for the link. The challenge was simply to post some flowers and since I always like to think outside of the box *-* I'm posting a few photos of flowers taken from some of the Shabbyfufu romantic style dress forms that I have sold recently. They are a combination of roses that I hand dyed and sewed from silk ribbons that I've acquired over the years and vintage millinery. 


I always like to take some hand sewing with me when I go up to our beach place, just in case it rains! I have a custom order that I need to work on for one of my dress forms for a boutique in Australia:-). I have some of my ribbons and all that I need to sew with in this vintage wicker purse. Love all of the velvet roses on this one!
Florabella Sugar Coated II Multiply 90% & edited curves
Here are some of my roses, edited in Photoshop CS4 with Florabella Textures and recipes and you may click on the photos to enlarge if you'd like......
 Florabella Vintage Page II Hard Light 75%
Florabella Raw Silk Multiply 35%, Seaside Soft Light 100%
Florabella Memoir II Multiply 85%, Screen 30%
If you are interested in my dress forms you can reach me through my shop at Shabbyfufu.com....link on the sidebar.
Have a beautiful weekend.....love to all and be creative!

20 comments:

  1. ...love, Love LOVE the one processed with the florabella raw silk action!!!
    gorgeeeeooous!!!
    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Janet what lovely photos, and I just love the Textures used. Florabella is a "new" find for me, I hope to order soon - aren't they all just heavenly? I can just envision you at the Beach with your sewing basket! The Velvet roses are simply divine. Your blog is such a pleasure to visit and read ~ Happy long Holiday weekend to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers! Love this basket!
    Hope you are feeling better!

    Pamela :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful photos - wonderful blog!!

    Glad to be following you now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so Beautiful! LOve the basket and the colors are so so soft. Ciao Rita mammabellarte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a relaxing weekend dear Janet... LOVE your beautiful vintage purse full of all of your crafting treasures... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty, pretty basket. Lovely photos.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your roses! Am going to try to locate the photos of my David Austin roses at my last house and try to post them for A Rosy Note. Have a lovely weekend. We just had a huge thunderstorm - that's quite enough for awhile! Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful everlasting roses! Fabulous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All is very beautiful...love the roses. have a great weekend. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute is that basket?! Love it :) Have a great holiday weekend XOL (via Rosy Note)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my Janet, your flowers are so beautiful...you're such an artist. I love all of the florabella textures that you've used to highlight your photos too! Thanks for sharing your pretty post at Photo Feature Friday!

    ~tricia

    ReplyDelete
  13. those are sooooo beautiful!!!

    have a happy day,
    elena

    ReplyDelete
  14. How pretty. I hope to eventually use some of these wonderful textures...but first I need to learn how to use Photoshop! Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Janet,
    You know, I love everything you create. I'm sure the dressform you're working on is more than amazing.

    Such pretty photos with the textures you've used. I can't pick a favorite, all beautiful!

    I want to thank you for taking a moment and commenting on my Memorial Day post. I know it comes from your heart and it certainly touched mine, your sharing about your dad. I can't tell you how proud I am to know you and that you're always "real". I will think of your dad tomorrow and all the brave men who've served when we take flowers to the memorial at the plaza.
    xoxo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and so romantic edits, I love everyone of them.

    ReplyDelete