Monday, May 16, 2011

Kindness Is Infectious And A Winner

Kindness....it's infectious.
Thank you so very much for your kind comments, emails and even a few cards in the mail offering sympathy about losing our sweet little fur boy Murphy. I really appreciate the kindness of the blogging community and although I may not have a chance to get back to you right away....please know that I'm touched and thankful beyond words.

It's only been a little over a week and so I find myself still looking for his wagging tail (we called it "the tailometer, as it was a meter of his joy) when I come in the door. I expect to see him on the couch in the family room and following me outside to hunt for lizards. His spirit is still here and always will be!

So just a quick post to let you know that I'm fine and taking some time to continue with my website (which has been around way longer than blogging has been!) and to work on some long neglected projects in my home. I need to finish fluffing, sprucing and some reno work before the Fall......I will tell you why later*-*

I cut these flowers out in my garden today and have no idea what they are called? They are sweetly fragranced, it smells amazing in here! One of the things that I'm working on is sorting through baskets of vintage linens. I have collected for decades and now that I have my new buffet (still need to paint it) I have some more linen storage at last. Most of them I got for a song at thrift shops and yard sales, back when I used to sell on Ebay and before it was en vogue to be thrifty!


I put a few of my bottles and jars out on the buffet too. The light blue bottles are from some wine that I have been buying at Whole Foods just because I like the color of the bottles. Do you ever do that?
The aqua bottle...one of my daughters found it at Marshalls, since she knew that I love aqua and she wanted to cheer me up. I have several of the vintage blue syphons and vintage Ball jars around here...so thought I would add them to this basket. The basket.....I found this in a trash pile on the street in Paris when I was there in November. My family was with me and cringed that I'd be trash picking in Paris of all places. Pourquoi ne pas!


I'm sorry that it took me so long to get to this, but the winner of my Nightea Night Light from a previous post is:
Brenda of Shabby Cats and Roses. Thank you Brenda...and please contact me with your shipping address.
Love to you all and I'll be back to show you some progress around my home soon.....thank you again for  your comments.....





11 comments:

Pamela said...

I am so behind on my blogging!
I am so sorry to hear about your darling boy Murphy. I know deeply the extreme pain you are going through.
Hopefully in time memories of him will bring you comfort...
Much blessings
Pamela xo

NanaDiana said...

Congrats to the winner. I know you are missing your boy-its seems some pets leave empty spots that are never really filled.

I would have trash piced that toop! Huygs- Diana

ps. Are thowse mock orange blossoms? That is kind of what they look like to me but I am NO expert!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Congrats to Brenda!
oooh, I didn't know there was wine in aqua bottles, will have to keep a look out for it and use the bottle for fleurs on one of the bistro tables come summer.
So glad you're doing well, Janet. Have a good week!
xoxo~Tracie

Al said...

Vintage linens are the best. They look so sweet in the basket alongside your flowers. Very nice photos :)

Brenda ~ Shabby Cats and Roses said...

Hi Janet, I am beyond belief that it was my name that was chosen to win your wonderful giveaway ~ Thank YOU so much, I will get an email to you with my address info :) I have been thinking about you during this very sad time; you are still very much grieving your loss of your sweet Murphy, and it will take some time, I know. It has been 2 years since I lost my sweet Fuzzums, and I still miss him as much today as I did then. Keep remembering all the wonderful memories you have of him, that does help :) Okay, I'm off now to get that email sent to you.

Warmest hugs, Brenda

Julie Marie said...

Hi Janet, congratulations to your lucky winner... my thoughts have been of you for days now... it is so hard losing our dear family pets, and I DO know what you are going through... time eases the pain some, but part of it will never go away... just like you said though, his sweet little spirit is always there with you... I love you little Murphy... xoxo Julie Marie

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

Congrats to Lucky Brenda! I'm sure she'll find just the right spot for that darling nightlight.
Blessings & Hugs,
Karen

Susan said...

Congrats to Brenda!! I am so sorry about Murphy!

DEB said...

Hi Janet! Congrats to the winner..how lucky she is!
Have been thinking of you alot..& know how bad you miss mr. murphy...but what sweet memories:)
Love all your vintage linens hon...I have such a weakness for linens & the aqua wine bottles...who knew?
Have a great week sweets:)
Hugs..
Deb:) xoxo

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Hi Janet...thinking about you today.... just yesterday i picked a bouquet of sweet peas to put on Buddy's ashes box.....and cried...been over a year now....and i still cry...probably always will...for they remain FOREVER in our hearts.

Kary

Tutti Chic said...

I am so sorry about your beloved murphy fufu. I haven't been doing much blog reading(been really busy with our upcoming wedding) popped in tonight & read your post-so sad. I'm sending cyber hugs to you-xo tutts