Monday, March 21, 2011

My Kitchen & Dining Decor.....Pared In White

Hi friends and Happy Spring to you! 


I have been super busy in my studio with orders from the website and working on new projects to list, but wanted to pop in and share a few photos with you that I recently shot of my kitchen and dining area here in our home......


Like so many of you, I spend lots of time in my kitchen. It's not fancy or "kitchen perfect" and certainly there are things that I would change, but it's functional and I love the clean white look that it's worn for the 20+ years that we have called this house our home.


The floors are practical and look like stone, but are porcelain tile...which is a must here in Miami due to the humidity. Also practical, the granite counters and white cabinets and appliances. Am I the last holdout that doesn't have stainless steel appliances?......
Other side of the kitchen looking into the family room.....
I collect old windows and have a grouping on the wall in the family room....see?......
We don't have a formal dining room and wouldn't need one, since most of the time when we entertain it's done poolside, Florida style. Looking into our dining area....I would love to change out the chairs some day, but have lots of different slips that I've sewn to change up the look.....
I've collected vintage aqua pottery for many years, and it just goes with the green glass top table and the aqua water of the pool right outside..... 
The pool is pretty close to the house, so watch out! We have a large piece of property for Miami standards and a canal that runs behind as well, making this a peaceful and quiet place.....
I hope that you enjoyed my little tour. I'll be back again soon, and have more to that giveaway that I mentioned....so check in for that!




12 comments:

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Looks so pretty Janet!... what a beautiful spot to relax with a cup of coffee by the pool... xoxo Julie Marie

Susan said...

Your home is absolutely beautiful!

Createology said...

Your kitchen and family room are truly serene. I can imagine a very warm space filled with family and friends enjoying life. Thank you for the tour.

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Hi Janet ~ your home is lovely. I see that you've changed your style quite abit from 6-7 years ago! It's so pretty...it was then and it is now. And no, you are NOT the last one to hold out for stainless steel appliances. I will never go there! (*_*) ~Stacy~

Blondie's Journal said...

Your kitchen is beautiful, Janet. We recently remodeled our kitchen and I wanted white appliances to go with the cabinets...so you are not the only one!! Love your floor and countertops and would love to have that pool!!

XO,
Jane

Pamela said...

Gorgeous kitchen...very dreamy!
I love how your pool is right outside the door!!
Lovely!

Pamela xo

Bringing Pretty Back said...

Janet, That looks PERFECT to me!
I am in love with your home! We are supposed to get 6 inches of snow tonight and you are sitting poolside! Not fair! Heehee!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

DEB said...

Ohhh LaLa Janet!!! I LOVE your kitchen & your windows..looking into dinning room:) SOOO gorgeous hon..& no you are not only one without stainless steele stuff....Moi will NEVER have them!
Love the soft colors & peek outside....I wanna come over:)
Beauitful sweets..
Hugs..
Deb:) xoxo

Sylvia (at) Lily's Pad and Petals said...

Looks beautiful Janet. I'm getting ready to change up my kitchen this year (I hope) and am planning on white cabinets and granite like yours. Having trouble finding getting references for Kitchen contractors etc. - if you know of any email me.(I live in Kendall). My kitchen is tiny and need more storage space.
Sylvia

Rambling Heather said...

Oh my goodness I cant believe that I am just now stumbling on your blog. Where have I beed all this time?

KatCollects said...

Soooo beautiful. I just want to make coffee and get my stack of magazines and go sit in there and relax : )
Kathy

lala said...

Your home is so dreamy and peaceful.
Love your kitchen - I also have white appliances, one of which is a huge SubZero fridge which I could NEVER imagine being stainless steel!! Hooray for white appliances!!!