Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Just Another Pretty Face

Greetings to all.....I appreciate you taking a few minutes of your time to visit with me.


Here is a project that I just finished up on today....a custom romantic dressform order for a client who already has one of these and requested one in these specific color tones for another room. Just another pretty face I guess you could say!

Before I sign off I wanted to share that I received my advance copy today of the next issue of Cottage Style Magazine that is due to hit the news stands soon. I've been a contributor to this magazine as well as Romantic Country Magazine for quite a few years now, and was happy (of course!) when the editor Janet Mowat had contacted me to see if I might share a piece with the readers on my teacup chandeliers. We used a teacup candelabra that I had made and there are some basic instructions (sorry, no trade secrets:-) with the article for all of you DIY enthusiasts as well. 


Not a DYI'er? I have a couple more that I'm working on for the website to come soon....
Please look for Cottage Style when it comes out on the news stands shorty! Lots of yummy content including a preview of my lovely friend Fifi ONeill's new book Romantic Prairie Style, that you can preorder from Amazon by clicking on the link in my sidebar. 
I have some other news that I'll be able to share shortly:-).....until next time

17 comments:

Norma said...

That dress is an absolute DREAM! Two in one house must surely indicate a single woman ;)

(I'm presently staring at 2 1:12 scale plain wooden forms in need of 'dressing', this is such a lovely inspiration).

DEB said...

Ohhh Janet..That dress form is not another pretty face...Its a GORGEOUS & STUNNING pretty face hon!! yummy!
Cant wait to get my own Cottage Style mag & read about your wonderful teacup chandys!!! Soo gorgeous:)
And I cant wait for your next secret?? a hint...maybe?? lol
Hugs..
Deb:) xoxo

NanaDiana said...

WEll, Janet!!! Leave us hanging!!!! lol Love your piece that you did-I'm sure the buyer will be thrilled! And I always buy Cottage Style so will look for it. Hope you have a wonderful week- Diana

Pamela said...

Gorgeous dressform!!
I cannot wait to check out this magazine!!

Pamela :)

Junk-it Junction... said...

She is devine, wonderful job Janet!
I cant wait to get that mag here in Australia....

Terri Gordon said...

Hi Janet, Oh how beautiful she is. You are such an inspiration, I love to visit your beautiful blog and shop. Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Terri

my cup of tea said...

I would dearly love to learn to make those beautiful dress forms! What an art! Can't wait to see the mag!
~Donna~

Julie Marie said...

Hi Janet, another beautiful dressform!... I am excited to find that magazine and see your feature article... also a preview of Fifi's book, which I have already pre~ordered as well... xoxo Julie Marie

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh...the dress is too pretty! Your client has great taste!

I'm looking forward to the magazine, it's one of my favorites. Your article sounds awesome!

XO,
Jane

Sassy Marsha said...

Ohhh, what a beautiful dress!!!! So dreamy!!!

I'll have to keep a lookout for Cottage Style!!!

xxoo

Tutti Chic said...

You have really done it this time with that gorgeous dress form fufu! Can't wait for the chandie article! as always~beautifully done fufu girl! xo tutts

Elyse said...

hi janet,

it's always so fun to see you and your creativity in print! congrats on the press!

and holy moly, that dress is luscious, and i don't use that word often.

xo
elyse

Queen of Dreamsz said...

Hi Janet,

Just beautiful! I know your customer will love it. I'll watch for the magazine!

Hugs,
Stephanie ♥

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

How beautiful that is! Your customer is going to love it, I'm sure :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Lana said...

Your dress form creation is absolutely beautiful! I can see why your client would request another one! :)

Nancy said...

Janet, that has to be one of the most stunning dressforms I have ever seen! One of these days, I will be ordering! Congrats on the feature I'll be on the look out for my copy. Have a Great week!!

Huggs, Nancy

Pink Princess said...

BEAUTIFUL dressform, so romantic!

I remember that magazine, I bought it years ago in the USA. It is NOT here unfortunately boohooooo :(