Sunday, February 6, 2011

Balancing Act

Greetings to all....I hope that you had an enjoyable weekend!


I have to look at my life as a balancing act. Maybe this comes with age, I'm not sure? I just know that when I wake up in the morning and as long as I'm feeling up to par I just can't wait to embrace the day full steam ahead! As I said though, I think that it's important to keep everything in balance. Not to let it overwhelm...just to work at my pace and do my best each and every day. 


My website at Shabbyfufu can be all consuming when it's as busy as it has been lately, but I know better than to let it eat me up. Most days I de~stress with a workout. I try to eat right, socialize and get a good night's sleep. Of course I COULD get more done if I was constantly on the computer or in the studio, but having a life outside of working.....there is something to be said for that:-).


I did just finish up this custom tea cup chandelier for a sweet customer, and today am working on some more for the website......
Working on my romantic dress forms, orders and for the website as well.....
I have been traveling and shopping like mad at the marchés aux puces, but just haven't found the time to list yet. Coming soon are lots of new (old) pieces, things that you just won't find elsewhere in a mix of very romantic and French style....




So that's it for now, I bid you adieu and get back to the balancing act of daily life around here!

11 comments:

  1. Janet I totally understand about the balancing act. I work full time and sometimes I am so tired I don't feel like playing! Playing is such a necessary part of life!! I take off days just to do nothing but shop or play on my sewing machine. I do that when I start feeling overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet- I hear you...it is easy to have your time get "eaten up" by one thing or another. I am trying to find a good balance too. Love your New/Old finds! Hugs-Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet, I totally hear you! Success comes from hard work and hard work comes from success. I'm constantly trying to keep a balance like you. Thanks for making time for me in your busy schedule! XO Christie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally no where your coming from, but in saying that, its so great that your business is just booming and keeping you busy. I work from home to but for another company, it would be nice to work for me 100% of the time an doing something you love.
    I find 5 minutes out in the garden with a cuppa gives me the lift i need to keep going.
    Enjoy your week
    Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up the good work, Janet. It sounds like you have your head on straight when it comes to work and play. Everything get's done in good time. And I am looking forward to seeing your new finds!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet, I too am excited to see your new finds... I also did a recent post about finding that "happy medium" in life... sounds like you have found yours... love your new profile pic too!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree life is a balancing act...and it requires work to ensure we don't get overwhelmed by any one priority in our lives...this is a daily challenge for me. Just wanted to tell you that I love your teacup chandelier! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janet, Balance! I agree! I am really working on this myself. That is so funnny ...because today I was thinking that I need to set aside time I work on my blog and blogtalk radio show. I do NOT have balance. Great post! Thanks!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you've got it right, dear friend. Life is a balancing act and it's good to listen to one's spirit and take good care too.

    Of course, I can't wait to see all the goodies. Going to turn off my computer in a moment and "just be".
    xoxo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you have really been busy but what a Blessing that your business is doing so well.I am new to your blog and really like reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonjour,
    BONHEUR
    JOIE
    PLAISIR

    une bien jolie promenade dans votre blog...

    à bientôt,
    Lisou

    ReplyDelete