Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Guest Blogger Post....Tracie of My Petite Maison

Hello friends both near and far. I have been busy trying to get orders shipped out, work on the new items for the Holidays to come to the website and trying to get organized with leaving for my trip to France next week.

Since I am so busy my dear friend Tracie of My Petite Maison is hosting over here today, so I am going to turn you over to her. You will really enjoy the beautiful photos of her French inspired home and garden! If you don't know Tracie be sure to pop over and say hi to her HERE...

First, I want to thank you, Janet for so graciously inviting me to come visit your beautiful blog. 


My name is Tracie and have a little blog and store called My Petite Maison. I'm a native Californian and am very fortunate to call Wine Country, California my home. We live in a tiny, whimsical town where it's not uncommon to see people walking their dogs in their pajamas very early in the morning or see our neighborhood troubadour making her rounds singing old Beatles tunes on the weekend. I am an animal person, through and through. Our maison is home to one big French dog and two adopted cats. 


I am a huge homebody, as is my husband. We love to spend time in our cozy home with an occasional trip to Europe. I am currently chatting with my husband about visiting Scandinavia. I absolutely love meeting new people and new cultures too. In my experience, the friendlier you are when visiting any where, people are so friendly back to you too. About France: I am addicted to all things French and collect pieces from that country as well as carry them in my petite store. 


I do all I can to make our home and garden cozy and romantic too. Our house is never without some kind of flower arrangement and I enjoy to give it little touches of beauty, little vignettes all around to please the eye.
Lately, I've been taking many photos of our home in twilight with our bistro lights on and lamps dimmed a bit in the house. I hope you enjoy this little tour of our house and will come visit us on our blog. 


Thanks so much, Janet for inviting me over to your Shabbyfufu home. I truly believe beauty lives with you and your home from the bottom of my French loving heart.

























I'll be back soon to show you some of the things that I've been working on.....
~xoxo~
Janet

15 comments:

  1. Hi Janet,
    Sooo FuN to always stop in and see what you are up to !! LoVe everything about Tracy .. I've seen her home before, and LoVe all that is vintage, and soo Romantic .. sooo sweet !! Hoping all is well with you, and is your bedroom finall y ready for the BiG reveal !! I know you've been busy with everything as well .. Have a happy day sweet friend ~
    HuGs ~TeA~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. I would enjoy lingering there for quite a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just beautiful tracie! thanks for sharing all these beautiful photo's via fufu's blog-you certainly have created a lovely home! :) chris p.s. & you mrs. fufu have a lovely & safe trip!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lovely home. I think it is gorgeous...love the gardens at twilight. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Janet... how sweet of you to feature Tracie... you and Tracie are two of the sweetest ladies I know and I adore both of you! Tracie's blog is so pretty and I love seeing all of her French things... Janet, I hope you are having a nice time creating new things for your shop... and I know you are going to Paris soon...how fun! xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet and Tracie,

    Tracie, your home is lovely. You can feel the "happy vibe". An animal person that loves all things French- you are my kind of girl.

    big hugs,
    Barb

    P.S. Janet, I didn't receive your email. I am sending a quick one off to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet & Tracie!! I LOVE seeing your home pics Ms. Tracie! Absolutely gorgeous:) You have created a very lovely..charming..cozy home! I wanna come over & sip tea under the lighted porch!
    I get so much inspiration from both of you talented sweet ladies!!!!
    Janet..have a wonderful time sweets & we want pictures!!!
    Thank you both:)
    Hugs..
    Deb xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janet, Well this was nice of you to feature her on your blog. The porch and yard is amazing, so many interesting spaces..... I could get lost, but boy it would be a pleasure consuming all the areas in her yard. Her home is very delightful too..... she definitely has it to her liking... very lovely, I know I like it!!

    Looking forward seeing new creations from a very talented women. Can't wait to see what your up too Janet. I had always admired the things that you make and you do it so perfectly and pretty.

    Enjoy your trip*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! This is very pretty and vintagey! Love it!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy looking around Tracies house and garden. She is a talented one that designs with the casual french spirit I love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for sharing Tracie with your readers. I'm a big fan - she is so talented and one of the nicest ladies out there in blogland.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tracie, I have been visiting you in your wonderful petite maison for years now. I never tire of seeing your pretty things in your magical little place.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Janet,
    Thank you for inviting me over here for the day. I thoroughly enjoyed being here at your blog.
    xoxo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful! I LOVE everything Tracie touches...seems to turn to gold! lol
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Girls! What a treat to see a wonderful pictorial of Tracie's many talents here! Love her lush gardens and outdoor living area.
    Have FUN Janet! And Tracie, I'm just a little green with envy over your white bistro set! Luv U both!
    xoRoberta

    ReplyDelete