Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Out With The Old & Canon Rebel XTi Camera For Sale

Hello my blog friends....I hope that you are having a good week so far and are all set to enjoy the first full weekend of SPRING!

I mentioned in a previous post that we are spending what seems like a king's ransom doing some much needed updates to our home. We have lived in this house for twenty years, hard to imagine.....raised our kids here for the most part and LOVE this place!

Not doing much inside at the moment, but outside needs some fixes. The costliest fix is the new roof. We REALLY have needed to do this for sometime.....too many leaks and far too many bandaid patches by a crappy roofing company, I won't go into that.

We have a ranch style home, meaning everything is on one level.....we DON'T live on a ranch! Four bedrooms, three and a half baths, living, dining, family room...a good size home for our family and enjoyable for these now "empty nesters". We went from this white tile roof:

To what they call "French Grey" tiles. Depending on the time of day and where the sun hits...it can look like a slate grey to close to black. Mr. practical Fufu knows his stuff and said that it will not be any hotter having a dark roof come the Florida summer...I have complete faith.

You would think that since I am in the business of letting old things go as an antique dealer that I wouldn't mind the next update to come to our home.......BUT I am having a hard time thinking about losing these:



Yup, the two large sets of "ten light" French doors will be history in a few weeks.....oh boo! I LOVE them, but the reality is that we do live in a hurricane alley down here, and Mr. practical Fufu is trying to shore things up. He ordered new French doors without the mullions....solid glass that is impact resistant and should at least be safer, leakproof and quiet. We already have two sets of those on the back of the house, so now it will look a bit more consistent.

These doors with the jalousie windows are original to this house built in the sixties and will be history soon too. Love 'em, but they don't work well any longer and need to go. Buh bye!


New windows coming too....same deal, no mullions:-(
I'll take some pics after the fact.


A couple of things that I DON'T have a hard time letting go of. I am selling my trusty 2 1/2 yr old Canon EOS Rebel XTI. I have a couple of different cameras....both Canon, and am upgrading at this time. If you are interested....email me at shabbyfufu@yahoo.com. Condition is excellent (it's silver toned..can email you pics), well cared for...never dropped or banged. I have the Original Box, and it will come with the 18~55 lens, high performance memory card, extra battery pack and strap. You can see on my receipt that I paid $795.14 and my price will be very fair, just email me.

UPDATE: SOLD!




Winner of the Salt N' Pepper Doll drawn by random.org is #16 Julie of this blog: http://avintagechic.blogspot.com. Congrats Julie, I'll contact you and off she goes!


So that's it for today....I really need to get back to working on the website! Speaking of.....if you are a Shabbyfufu customer, please do check in at the WEBSITE tomorrow (THURSDAY) for more of the dolls, vintage finds, my Original teacup lighting, a couple of SWOON WORTHY Romantic Dressforms and more. Yup...I've been working hard!

Lots of love from here,
~xoxo~
Janet


13 comments:

  1. I would love to find out more info on your camera but I can't find your email address- my addy is rosesandt@yahoo.com

    thanks
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet,
    The roof looks so pretty (yes, a roof can look pretty in French Grey ;)
    Love the ten lights. Just found one for my shack out back & love it. I feel for you having to part w/yours since I searched high & low for mine but understand safety issues... can hear my hubby's voice in background too agreeing w/Mr. Fufu. Beautiful camera, know it will find a great home! Ooh, congrats to Julie on the beautiful salt & pepper doll.
    Have a great day sweetie!
    xo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - you're really doing major upgrades! I'm not a big fan of living through remodeling - but I love the results!

    congrats to the lucky winner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet! Everything around your home is looking so beautiful!!! I love french doors! We added them to our home last summer and oh does it ever make a difference! I am so excited for you, home improvements are so much fun!!
    I LOVE the salt and pepper dolls!! They are gorgeous!
    Hugs and hope you and your sweet hubby are feeling better! Hope he had a wonderful birthday too!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. We too are doing a lot of upgrades....finishing the window project of 8 more windows, new back door & new heating system!! Next year we will put on a new roof!!
    Congrats to the lucky winner!!
    Have a Wonderful Day!!
    Love,
    Marilyn
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like great updates to your home. That is a great camera you are selling. I have a CANNON EOS 10D and I love it. What are you upgrading too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the gray(grey) roof, it looks so sleek and uniformed...
    The changes are a good thing when you have had leaks and need safety glass.
    I feel the same with my bathroom, I love it, but due to a leaky shower the floor is damaged, so we are looking at removing it all and starting again!
    Shame I missed out on winning, but Im heading over to check out your new things!
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janet, your new roof looks just beautiful! It sounds like Mr. Fufu has some good ideas about shoring things up in case of a hurricane! (Hope you don't get any this year!)... I hate to say goodbye to things too... but sometimes you have to get rid of the old if it means something better is coming... congratulations to Julie! (wish it was THIS Julie, I love that little doll!)... but seriously, I am happy for her! I will check your shop first thing Thursday! xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gee you two are going to be very busy! I am sure everything will bring more ways to decorate:)
    ~Debra
    Blog: Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the new roof (had mine re-done after the last hurricane). I too had to get new windows but didn't opt for the hurricane resistant ones since I have shutters. (and don't think I can weather a hurrican without the shutters since I don't WANT to see what is happening outside until it's over).
    Have fun with your home makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, thank-you, Janet! So excited about winning this beautiful doll of yours! I'll be emailing you my address in just a second...can't wait to see all your remodeling photos--how wonderful!

    Thanks again--talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the roof!

    FYI, I have seen stick-on mullions you can purchase to put on existing windows. Don't know much about them, but I know I have seen them online somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love those french doors but I am sure all the new ones will look fabulous! I guess you do have to be quite practical when facing potential hurricanes!!
    alicia

    ReplyDelete