Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Let There Be Romantic Dress Forms, At Shabbyfufu

Dear friends.....I hope that you are having a wonderful week! Finally I am starting to feel a bit more human after this dreadful head cold came along to spoil my birthday last week. Well a few days of feeling like my head was stuffed with cotton and now I'm just about back up to snuff!

So continuing along my posts of some of my signature creations are the romantic dress forms that I have been creating for many years. Those who have followed my website shop at Shabbyfufu are probably tired of hearing about them...lol~ but to those new readers and followers, here are just a handful and I hope that you enjoy this little "fashion show" of sorts.

Again, I have made hundreds and I am NOT KIDDING! Lots of long days and nights of working, tired eyes, dull needles and burned fingers. Maybe it's why I wear glasses, who knows.

I am a dummy and really should have started to keep a rolling count and keep all of the old photos over the many years.......but alas have not. I do remember them all though and pretty much where they went, and I have a pretty good feel for the fact that it's been somewhere between around 250 to 300. Pretty sure of that!!

There was no one else doing these when I started, first with the standing French style forms and then a few years after I started embellishing the hanging dressforms. My ORIGINAL concept (please be respectful of that and of other artist's work) and idea....right here from my studio in Shabbyfufu land:-).

Published in Romantic Country Magazine several years ago (pre Fifi days)


Early form with an antique French Limoges tea cup head...made lots and lots of these!

I always enjoy incorporating a variety of embellishments, including vintage and antique fabrics and trims, vintage millinery, bits of old jewels and my own hand turned ribbon roses

And always Fufu for sure!

One of my many hanging dress forms created here in the Shabbyfufu Studio

Snow Queen!
Victorian style. Often these barkcloth dress forms are custom orders for clients

A pair of forms that I was working on a few years ago inspired by more of a fancy cowgirl type of theme

This one was for a customer's child. A little girl dress form with cherubs and roses. What could be more darling for a princess' room!

Another hanging dressform

Pretty in pink, once again!

Custom form with pinks & blues

Early child's dress form for a client made to specs, maybe 10 years ago?

Some early forms covered in layers of antique bridal lace. I have done many bridal dress forms over the years, some more Fufu than others.

Pink is the most requested and an ongoing theme!

Pink overload~whoa!
Well that's all that I have time to show you tonight. I would love to make the dress form of your dreams for you or for your special daughter perhaps...so don't hesitate to contact me if you are interested!

Right now I must get back to work getting caught up on my website listings for THURSDAY. I have a slideshow on SHABBYFUFU showing some of the new items coming, so pop on over for a visit if you can! You can click HERE to visit~

I hope to visit my blog friends this weekend, and I truly do appreciate your comments, friendship and you reading my ramblings!

~xoxo~
Janet


25 comments:

  1. Hi Janet, oooh, these are ALL so beautiful! I could never pick a favorite, but the Snow Queen really is so very beautiful, well, they all are, but I especially love that one... I do remember your dressforms in Romantic Homes... I have been buying it for years, back when Barbara Jacksier was the editor and Fifi a contributing editor... I save all of my issues, I am going to get them out tonight and look at your pretties again! Hope you are feeling much better and that you had a happy birthday... I am going back to your post now for another look! xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nostalgic post, Janet. All of the forms are beautiful. You are very talented! Hope you got to enjoy your bday, despite being sick! Glad you're getting up to "snuff"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again, I meant to say Romantic "Country", I do know the difference between the two magazines and I know you have been featured in both! I just got out my stack of older issues and the first page I turned to (pg 17 Summer 2007) and there were your Tiffany style hangings with leaded glass! I can't wait to go back through all my issues of both magazines and find your dressforms again! xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet...I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan of your work! I love it when you showcase your materpieces. They inspire me...I'm sure they inspire us all.

    Lovely work! Beautifully done!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm still trying to catch my breath! simply amazing...
    luvs and glitter
    ~jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet,
    They are all so very beautiful but out of these, the Snow Queen speaks to me... I remember seeing her and going aaahhhh (breathtaking!). I do admit when I read you had a slide show for Thursday, I went and looked first before I commented but the good thing is I did come back ~ first things first you know! I love everything you create & everything you find at the flea mkts, antique shows, etc.! I'll be back Thursday, I love that slide show, you can make it full screen and that's just wonderful to see it as up close as possible.
    Glad you're feeling much better sweet lady!
    xo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all so gorgeous ! I really love your work n luv your blog too ! hmm btw, I wonder whether I can order back issues of the Romantic Country Magz?


    Best Regards from Malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so beautiful! I love them all~especially the ones with the soft pink ruffled skirts! I want one of those skirts! I've never seen this done with forms. I really enjoy your work!

    xo~
    Rebecca
    pinkpearlstudio.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet ~ you do such a beautiful job on these dress forms. You are truly the ORIGINAL Queen of these! ~Stacy~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet amor, your dress forms are truly frufru master pieces...I love the roses on them, each is so beautiful in it's own way..You are a true master at this :) Besos, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm a newbie and those forms are amazing!! i don't think i could get tired of looking as such creations over and over again. they are so lovely and so worth all those bleary eyed nights.....
    i'll be back!!! thanks for posting.
    sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are all so pretty that I could never pick a favorite.
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them all... just wish I could wear them! ;)

    cielo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Janet, I love the dress forms, all of them lovely.I love the idea of the teacup on top. I think a teapot would be sweet too! Can hardly wait to see what you have new. Hugs JoAnn S

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Janet, these are the reason I found your blog.....little did I know I had already seen them in Romantic Homes. Things sit in the back of my mind idealing, and then all of a sudden it's mission time, I must get one of your forms....I was drawn to the cowgirl Theme and Snow Queen. I am wondering about all the detail work causeing us to need glasses too! Glad you feel better, I got the Birthday cold for mine in Feb. Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet Janet, wow, is all I can say about you forms. I need to look harder on you shop to see what you charge for them. Your very talented.

    Thanks for letting me look
    cindy@stitches

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Janet...All of your dress forms are to die for sweets! Just gorgeous & every one I say..Ohhh & Ahhhh!! Maybe one day!! Your so very talented...I hope you know that! LOVE looking hon!
    Hugs..
    Deb:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Janet. These are all simply beautiful. I love how they look.
    Thanks for sharing your works of art.
    It irritates me how people are so disrespectful and are copying text, sub titles and everything else from blogs.

    I hope your week is lovely.

    XO
    Brook

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi sweet Janet, proud to say that a few of those are gorgeously hanging in my shabby cottage!!! You are so incredibly talented and one of my idols!!!! You are definately the Queen of dressforms. Hope you are feeling better and Happy Birthday!!! hugs, Annamarie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh, so many designers have produced these "to die for" dress forms..they seem to become more popular as the years go by. :0)

    I guess you really can call yourself the originator of this type of expression on a dress form. :0) I've got years of back issues of Country Living, Romantic Homes and I guess the most recent is FiFi's Romantic Country.

    The romantic expression you give yours is especially sweet and elegant. :0) I just love them.

    I do appreciate what you've said about a designers work....I think I was one of the originals for creating Fabric Flower brooches integrating costume jewelry....way before you ever saw them online or in the boutiques.

    Funny how we can have an idea before its time....and then you look up one day and everyone is making them. :0)

    I think your Shabby FuFu expression is just divine! I'd purchase one for every room if I had the extra money. They are truely one of a kind pieces of art.

    My dress form is made very unique by adding a chandelier to the neck..I call her "Queen of Light"..You can see her in the sidebar of my blog. She is decoupaged and she also had legs. :0) She doesn't wear them all the time though..LOL And she is vintage..weighs a ton!

    I guess you could say she's a bit of a funky shabby queen. :0)

    I love visiting to see your eye candy....I'm also glad that you are feeling better..those head colds really suck the energy out of you.

    Have a lovely day in sunny Florida! It's snowing here in the Smokies...
    ♥ Love & Faerie Dust ♥
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful dresses ! gorgeous !
    Have a great week-end !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Janet, Your dress forms are unbelieveably beautiful! Yes, I do think the Snow Queen is my favorite, but how do you pick? They all are so romantic, and just ruffly lovely. You have such a talent...

    Blessings
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow your dress forms are just amazing. Love the ones with the tulle skirts!
    alicia

    ReplyDelete
  24. How absolutely beautiful! What woman wouldn't want one of these? I have one...but it's draped in a gown and shawl and a few pieces of inherited jewelry. It looks nice, but nothing compared to these. I can't get over how lovely these designs of yours are.

    ReplyDelete