Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Where I Create, Something New

Hello friends....should I tell you that it's still in the 80's here in South Florida and that you can all come down for a visit!?!

Not sure that I picked the best time to do this, but I have taken over one of the rooms in our house vacated by one of our young adult daughters ~ and have been moving my studio into it. The light is quite good in that room with two corner windows and it's promises to be a better art studio, especially for sewing. In fact, Santa is bringing me a new serger and some other sewing accessories....and I can't wait to get in and create! It's a work in progress that I will reveal later (with tips:-)....no doubt well after the first of the year. We have lived in this house for 20 years now, and although it's not a castle or mansion by any stretch, we love living here. It is always a work in progress that has it's own rich life story, both the good and the not so good. Same with your homes I am sure........

Sneaky peek, my usual colors of pale pinks, whites, and faded grey....and of course, fufu

Well that's it for today....just popping in to say hi and I will talk to you soon!

Have a beautiful day~
xoxo,
Janet

11 comments:

  1. Janet, is absolutely beautiful!! I just love the little sneak peaks. Your home is sooo dreamy. I feel the same way about my tiny little cottage!! Isnt it wonderful to just be thankful and content with what we have? Beautiful!
    Love you sweet friend,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cottage!!
    Here in NE Pennsylvania we are at 19 degrees & 6" of snow on the ground & Brrrrrr!
    Don't want FLorida until after New Year's Day then WATCH-OUT.... No one wants to offer me a one-way ticket to south Florida!! LOL!!
    We will definitely have a White Christmas!!
    Happy Holidays!
    Love,
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be 40deg cel here today, too hot for my liking, Id like some snow!!
    Im moving my office in a couple of weeks, my son and I are swapping rooms! It will give me a chance to organise!!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Janet, it sounds wonderful! I love your sneak peek and I am sooo happy to see you are keeping pinks and lots of fufu! So many are changing everything they own to all white...I can't! I won't!... those are very pretty, but not me... I must have my pink and fufu!! Wow, 80 degrees??? I thought we were having a heat wave today as it got up to 20 degrees! Can't wait to see more... love to you... kisses Murphy! Bisous... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful! thank you for tempting us! lol.
    Loving the weather here in Tampa. I would like to have snow here at Christmas Day tho.
    Have a wonderful rest of the week!
    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet!
    I bet those wheels in your head have been turning and turning while picturing your workspace and making it all come true. I love your color choices and I can't wait to see the finished room.
    There is no place that I would rather be than in my home and making it a lovely place for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet ~ is your invitation for real? I'll be there tomorrow! LOL! (*_*) ~Stacy~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, which serger is Santa bringing you?? I love mine..don't know how I got along without it. :0)

    Have a great day,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janet you new studio is looking good. Looking forward to seeing more photos. Take care Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janet,
    Oh, looking good from here.
    Have fun in your new room.
    Love the colours.
    Hugs,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Janet

    Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year

    lots of love from me down here
    xo

    ReplyDelete