Saturday, October 17, 2009

Lightning Sometimes Strikes Twice

Hello to all of my sweet friends from wayyyy down here in Miami, where not to complain....but it's about 93 degrees outside right now! I mean PULEEZE, someone turn off the heat pump~it's given me a heck of a migraine today!

Just a quick post, I have been somewhat of a slack blogger lately due to other obligations in life and work.

It seems that lightning sometimes DOES strike twice, and I am so excited to share with you that my home has another magazine feature decorated and fufu'ed up for the Holidays~this time in Romantic Homes Magazine! I have written several tutorials for Romantic Homes Magazine and have had products and designs featured over the years, and always enjoy working with them. I honestly did not know that this piece was actually going to be published, until I was called by the writer for the interview a few weeks back. This feature was styled and photographed (by me:-) in a different year then the Romantic Country Holiday Issue was.....so it's a bit different. I hope that you like it ladies, eight pages (blushing here:-).



Good things are happening around here, and last week out of the blue I was contacted by a fashion editor to design something. I can't say much right now, but it has to do with some of my millinery designs. I was sooo excited and it's been sent for review. Maybe lighting will strike three times, who knows?

Well, that's it for today, I am going to go ice my head and rest and hopefully this headache will subside. I hope that you are enjoying your weekend and will talk again soon~

Lots of love from here
~xoxo~
Janet

19 comments:

C'est Moi, Julie Marie said...

Oooh Janet, I am sooo excited for you! I can't wait to get that magazine, and also hear your other exciting news you can't talk about yet! I do hope you get some relief from the heat and that your headache goes away... too much excitement maybe??? Sending happy thoughts your way... love to you and doggie kisses Murphy!... Bisous... Julie Marie

Sue said...

Congrats, well deserved!
Cant wait to see the magazines!
Sue

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Janet,
Well, good things come in threes, so I'll keep my finger's crossed for your third good feature (though you won't need it). I can't wait to get my magazine to see the photo shoot styled by you. I strongly believe good things happen to good people. Congratulations to you! I'm so happy to finally know your news ;)
xoxo~Tracie

cinner said...

Hi Janet, that is awesome for you! how very exciting! I am sorry about the headache, we have had snow for about two weeks here and it melted yesterday, but will surely stay soon. 93 would be a bit hot even for me! Take care, good luck with everything. I will pray for that third lightning strike....lol.

Couture de Papier said...

Want to switch? the gray cold groom has arrived! I have heat on 90 degrees! Congrats on magazine how do you do it all?

Lenore said...

How absolutely FABULOUS, Janet....Congrats!!!
Can't wait to see the Romantic Homes issue you're in.

Sares said...

Congratulations on your feature! It sounds lie good things are coming your way! I hope a beautiful Sunday is included!

Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Janet, I received my magazine yesterday and had to come over and congratulate you!! The article was stunning!! I LOVED it so much! You have the most beautiful Christmas decor I have ever seen!

I am so excited for you about your new venture!!! Congratulations and I cannot wait to hear more about it!!
Love ya,
Amy

Maison Douce said...

I can't wait to get my issue!!! Congrats, Janet!!! It's always such an honor to see your work recognized!
Isabel

Anne~fiona and twig said...

Congrats on the magazine feature, that's wonderful! You have a lovely blog, I'm not sure exactly how I found you tonight, but I'm so glad I did!
All the best,
Anne

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Janet.... Wow how exciting for you,,,,,,, Congratulations, can't wait to see it.. I just love both magazines, and I have seen you in them... I hope you are feeling better.. I did see on the news how hot it was down there... we are having a cold spell here in Charlotte
but next week we will be back in the 70's... will try and send you some cooler days...

Hugs;
Alaura

June said...

Janet, this is wonderful. Way to go girl. I cannot wait to see this spread of beauty.
Hugs,
June

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

oooh Janet, it all sounds very exciting, keep us posted wont you!! Cant wait to get the magazine, I must take out a subscription as I keep missing issues which is very annoying. good luck with the heat, we are just building up to summer here now so we are enjoying a bit of spring warmth for a change!
Alicia

KimberlyRyanDesigns said...

It's always so nice to see your home and pretty things, I'd be exited too. Are you going to mount dora in nov? Hope to see you again! Enjoy the limelight :) Hugs

Reflections from the Stone Nest said...

Congratulations, Janet. How exciting! I can't wait to see the issue. I am a big Romantic Homes follower! I love what I see in your picture. Hope the migraine has gone. Take care,

Have a good week,
Kitty

Andrea said...

That is so awesome Janet! And of course you deserve it, your style and home are lovely! Can't wait to get my issue! MAybe you can come over and help me decorate??!

Cathy said...

Congratulations Janet, Your home is absolutely beautiful. I'm so happy you had your Christmas decor for all of us to see. Way to go girl.

Cath

Tara Frey said...

So awesome to see you in RH, congrats sweet friend! xo - T

Brenda @Just a Bed of Roses said...

I always look forward to seeing you in the popular magazines...your fabulous!