Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ch Ch Ch Changes

Hi dear friends....I do hope that you are able to make the most of the end of summer~it's certainly flown by!

As my vintage song title implies, I have been making a few changes and working on the "back end" of my website at Shabbyfufu. What do you think of the new background tone on the blog? I am thinking of using it on the website for Fall, as you know that I always change it up! I do all of the work on the back end of the website myself.....as I have a very old fashioned website that was designed in the html heavy Frontpage. I had to learn the hard way....as I have had my website for a very long time and back then there simply weren't many choices available. Well it is soooo much easier nowadays and one day I may force myself to update to something easier and more user friendly. But for now....my general life motto seems to be "don't fix what ain't broken"!

Speaking of the shop, there will be lots of new items c
oming and new categories as well...so check back in~realistically I probably will have everything up and ready after Labor Day.

I have also been busy with special orders, including 2 of my Original Romantic Dressforms for a couple of very SPECIAL ladies (dearest "S" and darling "C":-) and haven't had time to get to any of the new ideas burning in my brain and keeping me awake at night....but SOON! Will share photos of the mannequins soon....

Big thanks to the gorgeous Lorraine of the Paper Bird blog for randomly choosing me as the winner of her blog contest. Yay! I NEVER WIN anything (and I DO play the lottery!) and was thrilled to receive such fabulous goodies from this talented artist!


Normally I am a finder and not a keeper, but this breathtaking chandelier that I just acquired is giving me heart palpitations and Mr. Fufu may have to peel me off the floor if I let it go! Mixed emotions here....so you MAY just see it on the website soon if I can buck up! Let me share with you.....


Speaking of sharing, I have some very EXCITING news that I will share soon....and in the meantime I will leave you with a couple of artsy peeks of a few upcoming Shabbyfufu Shop items.




Lots of love from here~
~xoxo~
Janet

20 comments:

  1. Hi Janet,
    I love the background, it's very soothing. Now that I've read... I just want to know what the exciting news is from you! I would definitely keep the chandelier, another won't come along any time soon.

    I agree, the summer has gone by so fast. Can't wait to see all the new things in the shop, the teasers look beautiful. Have a great weekend... still waiting on that news ;)
    xo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm! Don't keep us waiting too long! TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of your blog and think it would be a great website background!

    On another note, I am afraid I would have to be a "keeper" on this chandelier, it just so shabby!

    Have a Pinkalicious Day
    Debra
    Shabby Cottage Shops

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet! I cannot wait to see your new website look and categories! I think the background of your blog is beautiful and would be perfect for blogs! Your sneak peeks look wonderful :) I love chicken wire!
    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the new tone, and the chandelier omg you have to keep it, sometimes there are just some things that are so beautiful you have to...I don't want Mr fufu to have to peel you off the floor. lol. Can't wait for your news.Congratulations on winning all those little birdie things. Take care my friend, c

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is important to keep the odd special you find, a reward if you like.But dont listen to me, Im such a hoarder, and want to keep everything!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet,
    I love the background too!!!! I can't wait to see all your new items! And I can't wait to hear the news!

    Best,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Janet;;; Congrats on winning a wonderful give a way.. love all the bird things... and that Chandelier is just gorgeous... I would have a hard time parting from it too...

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janet,
    I too love the new background. The chandelier is just so gorgeous. I would have to keep it! Congrats on winning that terrific giveaway! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet ~ your background is lovely! I see you do all of the html yourself. I do too, but don't use Frontpage...just really old fashioned html programming. Yup, I'm into the nitty gritty of it all! Can't wait for your announcement. Hope it's fun news! ~Stacy~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm ready for the news!!!!!!! Everything is lovely. Happy weekend! Brook

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Janet... what beautiful treasures you received too! I love the crowns on the little birds... and I think you would be sooo sad if you parted with the chandelier... it is simply the lovliest one I have ever seen! I can hardly wait to see all of your new items... (hurry up Labor Day so the sale will start!) I am loving having sweet Murphy on my blog, he is just too cute! Bisous... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love the new background, Janet! Love it!!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi sweet Janet... Sorry!
    Long time no talk!!!All my fault! Ophs!
    Anyway, I too agree with the new colours for your background...
    And the chandelier is definately a keeper!
    Although I too always want to keep everything that I buy!Lol
    Have a wonderful weekend with Mr. Fufu!

    ENJOY LIFE`S SIMPLE TREASURES,
    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning Janet!

    Your background is beautiful - very fitting for you and your wares!

    I love your chandy too - I think it wants to live with you. ;-)

    xo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love the chandelier I would love it:) Can;t wait to see all the new goodies!! I would love to know what the good news is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Janet,
    I enjoyed visiting your blog. Looks like you won some wonderful gifts from Lorraine. The chandelier is so pretty, and yes, it would be very hard to give it up. I talked with you on the phone a few weeks ago. I am the Texas gal who loves handpainted china and Farnaz's handpainted china in particular. I have many of her pieces and hope to add more. I hope you have a wonderful week. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  18. The background is FABulous fufu!!! LOVE IT! That chandelier is scrumptious my friend-KEEP IT!!Please don't keep us waiting to long for the news either!! We need an email chit chat soon~xoxo tutts

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Janet,
    I think the artsy peek of the doll with the Paris opera glasses looks very interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing.
    Janne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the background, very pretty!
    I know hat you mean about the new options for websites, they do seem much easier in some respects.
    My website is 'old school' HTML, as well. (Web Builder, I think).
    But, hubby does mine so, I don't have a clue how to change things around on my own.

    That chandelier is awesome, I can see why you're unsure about parting with it.

    Kimberly :)

    ReplyDelete