Sunday, July 19, 2009

Stuck In The Studio ~ Some New Projects

Greetings and salutations to my blog reading friends once again! A quick post on this Sunday...as I am just taking a quickie break from being holed up in my Studio to show you some of what I have been working on. Thank goodness for Sirius XM radio, as it's been quiet around here this weekend with only Mr. Fufu and Murphy around for company....occasionally popping in to see what kind of mess I have been making~poor guys!I have a couple of custom Dress Form orders for some of my very Sweet customers that I am slowly getting made, will try and post some pics of those when finished.

So here is what I else I have been working on:

An original from my Studio that I have been creating for a number of years now is this type of dressform, and I have not done one in awhile...so I was happy to have the time to work on another! It's a hanging dressform that can be used to fluff up the back of door, on a closet, on a dressing screen or an old shutter...or even on a wall. Note to self....I don't have one of these, so must make one as a keeper!



Dressform obsessed that I am....this piece is a dressform that I painted, I dunno......maybe 8 yrs ago I am thinkin? Yup, I do paint from time to time (the former art teacher in me I guess).... and I guess that you might call these "Tole Roses" in style. Well, I never thought that I would part with Miss Rosie here, but I am going to post her on the website and give someone else a chance to enjoy her as I have. Just trying to move things around a little in my little decadent boudoir. Poor Mr. Fufu never can tell what will come and go around this place at any given moment.



Some Posh Petal Cakes in Antique Teacups. Something else that I have done gobs of before, and these have a nice summery look for displaying in the kitchen or dining room. I had written a tutorial on these for Romantic Homes magazine awhile back....if I can find it, I will post it here again for my do it yourself friends.


These are for the wall....antique plate collages I guess you would call them. Fufu and feminine with vintage millinery and antique rhinestone embellishments.



That's it for today.....as I said, a quick post! Kinda waiting for the other Shabbyfufu artisans to get their booties in gear and send me their new projects, and then hope to post new things on the site on Monday.

I hope that you have a great week ahead.....
~xoxo~
Janet

9 comments:

  1. What a talent you are! Just some lovely, lovely items!

    Hi...I found you in the book Blogging for Bliss!

    I've enjoyed every minute of my visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Janet; Wow you have been a busy little thing... So glad you came out and gave us all a peek, I just love your dress forms. Now don't stay away too long....

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful dressforms! I have an old one that could be improved with a bit of paint to methinks....
    Have fun creating!
    Irene x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet you have been so busy in the studio. Such pretty creations
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my friend, your new creations are divine!~~~XXOO, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Why are you shut in? You sound like me in the winter!I love your new studio..Pink.love the cabinet idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet,

    Hope you are doing well. Your blog is as lovely as always. I am mad about those dress forms! lol
    I am so grateful that we have not had any hurricanes here in Florida. Rain I can handle any day. Anyway just wanted to say hello.
    xoxo
    Janet Bernasconi
    Janet's Creative Pillows

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janet, I am in love with everything!!!!! Just over the top gorgeous!! Your dressforms are the most beautiful things in the world! You're so talented :)

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janet. I just found your blog and have had a fabulous time visiting. I wanted to invite you to come over to my blog, and join the Where Bloggers Create party I am hosting on Friday. I see that you have a brand new studio space and this would be the perfect time to show it off! It's gonna be fun!!

    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete