Thursday, June 11, 2009

Outrageous Mango Bread Recipe



What do you do if you live in the beautiful tropics of Miami, it's the month of June and you have more mangos than you know what to do with? Mango salsa goes a long way and we use it on everything from scrambled eggs to fish fillets...but here is an alternative use for a sink fulla mangos. Now I am not into SCREAMIN~ but I'm just sayin..........this is the BEST, most YUMMY, OUTRAGEOUSLY great mango bread recipe that I have ever tried!

3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 1/2 cups mangos, peeled and chopped
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup golden raisins
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups white sugar
2 eggs

Directions:

1. Combine all of the dry ingredients. Beat eggs with oil and add flour to mixture. Add mangos, lemon and raisins.
2. Pour into 2 greased (Pam spray) 8 x 4 loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hr or until toothpick comes out clean.

I hope that you get to make this.....let me know!
Enjoy your weekend, we are off to the beach house (and bringing our mango bread!)

~xoxo~
Janet

10 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm Mango bread,,,, the salsa sounds really good, and now the bread does sound like it would be good also. thanks for sharing the recipe.. Have a great up and coming weekend.

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mango bread I've never heard of but I bet it's great!

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that sounds amazing, my Dad will love it, I'm allergic to mangos bummer....my Dad on the other hand eats them like mad and will love thisrecipe, thanks for posting it, hope your having a nice time, hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet
    The bread sounds scrumptious and easy to make, I bet the mangos make it very moist

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. My word, I've never heard of mango bread but I'm so going to try it 'cause I do love mangos. yum.
    First I have to go to the store and get some imported mango's since we don't grow those here in Virginia! xo, suzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet, Ilove mangos. I dropped by to say thankyou for the kind words during my fathers passing. It is nice to be home again and to be back in blogland. Again thankyou, Take care, cinner

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bread sounds so yummy! I love your name Shabbyfufu- when I started my blog I had no idea what I was doing and wish I would have come up with a catchy little name like that!

    blessings
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. This recipe sounds deeee vine.... I have never heard of mango bread before today.. so I may have to the this recipe a try....

    Thanks for the well wishes... on the mend... some days good ...some ... well you know ....but a lot better than I was...

    LOTS OF HUGS
    JO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my goodness, how did I miss this post??!!! I love mango!!
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete