Sunday, June 28, 2009

Beach Cottage Chics Making Waves

Dear friends........I know that you are out there visiting, and I do sincerely hope that you take some inspiration from my musings and my photos.

That being said, my blogging may be a bit on the slacker side over the summer months, so please do excuse. I hope to be up at our beach place as much as possible~especially on weekends when family and friends can join in.
Here are some photos for you that I took today, mostly textures, colors and vignettes of our beach cottage decor. I hope that you enjoy them and that you are perhaps able to take some laid back time to relax over the summer months ahead. (P.S.....I WILL post when I have new website items that I think you want to know about, as I WILL be working in my studio when I am home.)




























For a bit more BEACH inspiration.....one of the most knowledgeable ladies about beach decorating in a casual cottage style that I know is Barbara Jacksier. She has penned her first book that is sure to be a fabulous addition to your collection and is about to be on the shelves any day now! The book is photographed by the very talented Dan Mayers (who photographed my home for Romantic Country Magazine:-) and you can order your autographed copy of Waterside Cottages HERE:

Photo by Dan Mayers
My sweet friend Fifi who I had the pleasure of spending some time with when she was at my home for the aforementioned Romantic Country Magazine Photo Shoot makes these gorgeous tin hearts in many styles. This heart would be perfect for a beach house, or just to have the feel of one.....

Photo by Fifi O'Neill

You may just want to order one (or two:-) for yourself. Pop on over to visit her inspiring blog at Chez Fifi if you haven't been lately, and be sure to tell her that I sent you by.

That's it for tonight, have an inspiring week ahead!

~xoxo~
Janet

11 comments:

Barbara Jacksier said...

Hi Janet

What gorgeous photos. They are truly inspirational.I hope you have a serene summer on the beach (even though us blog followers will miss you). And, last but not least, thanks for mentioning my book. Much appreciated.

TattingChic said...

Your photos are absolutely gorgeous!!! I love your blog.

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Janet
Lovely photos!!
I've got the "beachy" bug at the moment too - not sure why as it's winter over here - a very mild winter so far though - actually went for a walk along the beach today!

Alison Gibbs said...

Janet thanks for such inspirational photos
Alison

cinner said...

Janet, lucky you, have a great summer. i love all the pphotos would be happy with any of it. i will be around when you get back. have fun in your studio. Take care, hugs, cinner

NeereAnDear said...

Hi Janet...

Truly lovely photos... the colors and so soft .... peaceful so to speak.... I would love to know who the artist of that painting is... I love it...

As for Barbara....she is the best isnt she??

I think everyone is clamouring for that book... its going to be a hard seller for sure.... and she is one lovely person....

Enjoy your downtime...

LOTS OF HUGS
JO

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Janet,
I love your photos, they make me want to run around the house and snap away some of my own. Thank you for the inspiration! I still have to order Barbara's book, it is definitely on my list and of course, I've gone crazy over Fifi's hearts (they're all over the house here ;)
Have a beautiful Summer!
xoxo~Tracie

Tutti Chic said...

What an inspiration these photos are fufu!! I will also be sure to order barbara's beautiful book & one of fifi's gorgeous hearts! I missed you while on blog hiatus my friend! xoxo love from massachusetts where the sun only shines a few days a month now! :(
enjoy the beach! :)

Victoria Lynn said...

Janet,
Thank you for the beautiful and inspiring photos. I really, really miss the beach here in TN. Have a wonderful 4th and a fantastic summer! Hugs, Victoria Lynn

icandy... said...

I'm finding it very easy to get lost in your beautiful photos... very enchanting! :)

Christina

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Lovely beachy hues and weathered textures!
Enjoy your summer and time with family and friends at the beach!

Kimberly :)