Monday, April 6, 2009

Romantic Decorating Inspiration

Happy Monday sweet blog reading friends! They are predicting record breaking heat here in Miami today, with temperatures expected to reach 93 degrees!! It is only SPRING in most parts of the country though, and the new Spring decorating magazines are now out on the newstands (yippee skippee:-).


I am honored to have my third tutorial in a series that I was invited to write for Romantic Homes Magazine quite awhile ago. This tutorial is a project for Mother's Day and involves vintage clock cases made into photo frames, and can be easily adapted to create a project for everyday display as well.




My dear friend Fifi, whom I had the pleasure of spending several days with when she came to my home for a Romantic Country Magazine photo shoot had spied a product on the Website that caught her eye recently, and has featured it in the latest issue of Romantic Country. Perfect for Spring decorating, it's a canvas giclee print that is framed in antique beadboard and features the artwork of the well known Australian artist Gail McCormack. You can find them on our website HERE





Both Romantic Homes Magazine and Romantic Country Magazine are GORGEOUS publications and I am honored to have been affiliated with both for quite a few years now. These latest issues won't disappoint, so I hope that you have a chance to pick them up soon!

This past weekend I was on a Shabbyfufu Buying Trip and found lots of shabby chic vintage finds, and will be posting them on the Website soon. I shop everywhere for the pieces that I find to offer and don't often show where......but I attended a sale at a Darling Cottage that I just had to show you an inspirational idea from! This was the home of a lady here in Florida who has several residences (we call them "Snowbirds") and is downsizing and putting her home down here up for sale. She had many, many fabulous items that she collected over many years...and I did manage to snag some for you:-). She had retrofitted her little cottage with Antique Doors, and backed the glass on some with old floral fabrics. Here are a few of the old crusty, rusty doors.....which I would have LOVED to purchase, but alas they were going with the house. Great idea that perhaps you can use.......



If you have been with Shabbyfufu.com for any length of time, then you will recall the MOSAICS of Elizabeth Willhite that we offered for years on the website. Due to life's circumstance, she had to retire from our group...and we all miss her greatly. I was contacted by a talented mosaic artisan recently who asked if we might be interested in offering her work, and impressed by her talents we will be showcasing her as a Guest Artist on the website. Please come over and see what Suze has to offer...some unique Romantic pieces at very reasonable price points!


This turned out to be a LONG post, and I need to get to work.......I hope that you have a wonderful week ahead~

~XOXO~
Janet

27 comments:

TattingChic said...

Hi there! I just happened to be on my google reader when your post popped up!

How fun (and a lot of work, I'm sure) to be affiliated with such a fabulous publication!

Such beautiful work you and your friend do! Love it! Glad you shared. :)

Tanza said...

Seeet post.... I adore both these magazines.. Romantic Country especially, NOW my favorite EVER.. I really don't care for the direction Romantic Homes has taken, and sooo wish they would go back to what they were.. Romantic, Cottage, roses, and everything so cottagey and sweet.. I will run out today, and pick up my New Romantic Country.. NEVER disappoints I'm happy to say.. Everything so near and dear to my heart.. Thanks for the update.. Always enjoy visiting you !! hugs ~tea~xo

cinner said...

how exciting for you, You can tell you put alot of hard work and effort into shabbyfufu, obviously it has paid off big time. Congratulations, sounds like you had an awesome weekend. i love coming to your blog. take care.

Rebecca said...

OH MY GOSH...LOVE these doors! Both Mags look WONDERFUL...especially Romantic Country! YUM!

I raided a cottage down the street from my home late last fall and came home with ALL the doors and windows. I'm having an absolute BLAST using them in my home! Mine are are GREAT but the ones you've shown are 2die4!

Love visiting you site. I NOW must follow along!

Very inspiring...very, very much so!

xoRebecca

DreamsInPink said...

Spring here in WA has been frosty, nippy and otherwise way too cold. But, yesterday and today we have sunshine & warmth and we are ALL thrilled and like "WOW is that the SUN in the sky!???" Enjoy the heat!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Janet,
I love those doors, thank you for sharing. Congrats on the magazines, I can't wait to get both of them and tear from cover to cover looking at all the goodies. I am hoping they'll be here soon (especially sweet Fifi's!). I love Gail's work so I'm really looking forward to seeing that section. Have a wonderful week, maybe I'll go see what you're up to on Twitter ;)
xoxo~Tracie

Cottage Rose said...

I really really love both of those magazines, I can't wait to buy my new issues. They look really great.

Hugs;
Alaura

Maison Douce said...

Those doors are truly amazing!!! I received RH (loved your article!) and can't wait to see RC!!! Congrats!
Isabel

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Congratulations on your publications. How exciting!!! You go girl :)

Karen

NeereAnDear said...

Hi Janet...

Just stopping by to say hello... looks like you have some wonderful goodies... and congratulations on another tutorial for Romantic Country ... especially one that uses the talents of Gail Mc Cormack ... I am her biggest fan

Hope all is well with you...

I have been staying away from the blogging world for a while now but hoping to get back into swing once I take care of business that has taken priority over anything else right now

HOPE YOU HAVE A FABULOUS EASTER

HUGS
JO

NeereAnDear said...

ps.. meant to tell you I am heads over heels for those doors.. especially the chippy one.. great idea!!

HUGS AGAIN
JO

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Janet

Congratulations on having your tutorial published - I'm so looking forward to seeing it and a huge thankyou for your efforts in promoting and links to me for my Artwork, I was thrilled (that's putting it mildly)!!! I'm going to have to wait a few weeks for both magazines to be available over here.

I love those doors!!

debi @ life in my studio said...

Oh, those doors are soooo beautiful!! tfs

KimberlyRyanDesigns said...

Great post Janet, Just took a peek at the mosaic artist, really pretty! I cant wait to get those mags, what beautiful covers! Happy week, hugs, Kim

elma said...

You are so right:) Romantic home and country are sooooo beautiful!! If only my home could look like that:)

Barb said...

Love those door.
Thanks for sharing them.

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Beautiful Easter wishes to you and yours, Janet!
xo~Tracie

Vicki said...

I really really have to get my hands on that mag!! I love Gails work also... I'm a bit of a lampshade nut myself hahaha

have a fab weekend
Vicki xxx

Tutti Chic said...

Fufu~ I SO enjoyed your latest in tutorials & am going to try this when I get back from Fla! It's always a treat to read your articles~ If we didn't have two teenaged girls with us I would make the trip to Miami & take you to lunch my friend! Nest year for sure! xoxo tutts

Tutti Chic said...

P.S. How about those doors! Thanks for sharing these fufu & welcome to your new mosaic artist! I can't wait to see what she brings to the shabbyfufu family of artisans! xo

Vintagebella ~ Andrea said...

I picked up rh and loved your article~ Such pretty things you do!

Antique Rose Designs said...

Hi Janet just stopped by to say hello. I've joined blogging land now so thought I'd better go and visit some blogs. I have already met you through Twitter that is a funny site I really don't get it.......lol. Congratulations on having your article published in the magazine I'll have to try and get that one in Australia and have a read. Love you website and all the items you have on it. Carol

tales from an O.C. cottage said...

What an awesomely newsy post! Love it!

m ^..^

THE HOME THAT LOVE BUILT said...

Hi Janet,
Your blog is always such a delightful treat for me when I visit. Thank you for sharing all the beautiful creations!!!

I like the sofa that you purchased too.

Blessings,
Brook

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Hi Janet ~ lovely post! I really enjoyed your tutorial, very informative! The current issues of RH and RC are just the best! The RH issue reminded me of the issues from a few years back and it was a welcome sight. Wasn't the front cover lovely! Thanks for all you do ~ you are a constant source of inspiration for me! Best wishes! ~Stacy~ xo

Elyse said...

i have the romantic homes and didn't realize you were the writer of the tutorial! i can't wait to read it again.

congrats on all of the publications. that is the coolest!

xo

i am having a little giveaway at my blog if you'd like to pop over to enter. :)

Susan said...

Romantic Country is one of my most favorite magazines....