Monday, March 9, 2009

Vintage Barkcloth, Sweetness

I have decided that if I live to be 1,000 years old (not sure that I would want to!!) I will never use up all of the vintage barkcloth, ribbon and bits that I have in my studio. I have spent the last several days cleaning out and organizing a collection of textiles (and other things) that I accumulated over a couple of decades. What a good feeling to get organized! I am going to be photographing and listing some of these on the website soon.....and hope to be back at 'em working on some projects later this week.

Sweet daughter Fufu is on Spring Break from college and will be home tomorrow, so I also will be spending some precious time with her. Speaking of Spring and Sweetness.....there is a 20% OFF SALE this week only on the website in the Sweet Spring Boutique, as we make room for new items coming next week.

Talk soon.........have a beautiful week SWEET friends:-)
~XOXO~ Janet

5 comments:

Rita Kent at TesoroFino.Com said...

Please stop by my blog to receive your Friendship Award. I just love stopping by your boutique through the years and your blog to see what creativity you are up to next. Thanks for sharing your talents and friendship.

DreamsInPink said...

I am very much looking forward to seeing your new fabrics on your website as I have been dying to get back to my sewing. I have many throw pillows in mind for my new bed. Love your blog & website as always!! Elizabeth

Tutti Chic said...

Dearest Fufu~Enjoy your week with daughter fufu! Just look at all those snips of fabric! I should send my grandaughter down to you for a project she needs for school (she thinks my fabric snips are completely dorky!LOL)hugs to you my warm weather friend~xo tutts

Sue said...

You are too good to get organised! I love barkcloth, and probably have way too much, but at this stage I couldnt tell you, my office is a mess! Im not sure I could part with any of it, but I guess you are right, we cant take it with us!
Sue

PW at Inspired Vintage Style said...

Barkcloth is my favorite,especially Hawaian. I use to have layovers on the islands. I would walk for miles each trip searching for vintage fabrics. It is one the hardest places to find treasures. I look forward to seeing what you have collected. I keep my Machine out in my studio,I am so glad I took HomeEc in school. They don't even offer it anymore. My daughters want to learn,but live out in California with Dad. I shipped my old Pfaff to them! I need to find sewing lesson's for them. I hope handwork with textiles isn't lost in this generation! Happy Sewing, the new machines don't jam like the old one's did! Peggy