Thursday, March 26, 2009

Junk In Her Trunk

Today I went JUNKIN' with a long time dear friend Cindy. We haven't gone junkin together in a good long while, as we are both so busy. If you follow along with the blog, then you already know what keeps me busy and Cindy works at a local antique mall and is busy with her family and grandkids. She found a literal motherload of things to sell in her shop, and I found some....mostly things for projects. My Killer find was this old French Sofa that I plan on redoing for my living room. I LOVE the lines and it's a nice long one at almost 8 ft.

Ms. Cindy hauling out the junk in the trunk!


I love Tattered, Elegant, Faded, Old Beauty:-)

Too bad that the fabric is so faded and worn, as originally it was a FABULOUS shade of French Bleu, but it definitely needs an extreme makeover and new overstuffed down cushions. Cost was only $120, so I just had to have it! Any ideas on the transformation? I am thinking cream matelasse or perhaps linen.

Mr. Fufu and I are leaving in the wee hours tomorrow for a long weekend at our beach retreat, so I will be taking the next few days off working to relax, read, and sketch out some project ideas to come.

Talk soon......enjoy your weekend
~XOXO~
Janet

7 comments:

Maison Douce said...

Wonderful find!! I love the tufted back...!!
Isabel

avalonrosedesign said...

Oh my gosh! A great find, especially for the price. Enjoy it!

Cathy

TattingChic said...

OMGosh!!! That couch is absolutely fabulous! I am envious! What a great find! No, really I am happy for you!

Hope you stop on by for my 1st Blogoversary/100th post celebration! I'm even having a giveaway! Do come on over! Everyone is invited!!! :)

Victoria Lynn said...

That looks like you girls had a ton of fun...I love shopping with friends! And Wow, that sofa is amazing, I can't wait to see its makeover. Have a good week. Hugs, Victoria Lynn

Gail McCormack said...

What a beauty!! Can't wait to see the After Photo

jill said...

I have a very similar couch that is finally in need of being redone (have had it for 15 years), and I've been trying to decide what to recover it in myself.

I have 6 kids in the house, so I probably don't really have quite the range of choices that you have if I want it to stay nice...although, surprisingly enough, it's stayed pretty nice until just recently. It used to be the living room couch, but now it's my studio couch...and they all like to hang out in my studio for some extra time with mom.

I'd love to redo mine in a light colored linen, but am thinking it won't work well with littles all around.

PLEASE show us what you do with yours once you've finished it! I've been deciding about ours for months now...maybe yours will bring the inspiration I need to make a final decision!

Enjoy your long weekend!

~Jill~

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Janet,
I love the bones of this vintage sofa. I know whatever you do with it will be lovely. I think linen would be beautiful, what a great find and a bargain. You go girl... I want to go shopping with you and Cindy!
xoxo~Tracie