Monday, February 23, 2009

Soakin' It All In

Silly me, I can't believe that I am posting two days in a row~lol! Just sitting down to print out some shipping labels and trying to get caught up. If you are a Shabbyfufu customer who is waiting for a package, I apologize profusely that we are backed up and behind and will be playing catch up in the next day or two.

I don't normally have much time for the local tag, yard, garage sales these days...but this past Saturday morning Mr. Fufu and I made a quick trip to one of the neighborhoods here that does a massive group sale. Actually we were looking for a few items that he had in mind, and some things for our older daughter who has just set up her first little cottage. You know how when you are looking for certain things you just don't find them, but I came across a couple of good finds that I wanted to share with you.

This antique stained glass window is a real beauty, and it's not easy to find one in the oval shape! The colors are perfect for a beach cottage, so it's going along with us to our little beach home. I am sure that we can find a spot for this $25 purchase!


I was uber excited to happen upon this sale early on, a former children's clothing maker who was now retired and had TONS and TONS of vintage lace, buttons, rhinestones, vintage millinery, pearls....you name it and she had it! I only purchased a small portion of her stock, as I am not greedy and wanted to leave some for the other dedicated buyers that were following along just behind me. I am soakin' loads of lace today in a solution of Biz, as I don't mind some Patina....but some of this stuff needs a good soak. I can't wait to use it on my projects...especially the pretty pale pink lace:-).

Gotta get back to work, enjoy your week!

~xoxo~
Janet

5 comments:

Tanza said...

Ooohhh lucky you,
You found some real treasures, and I'm sure you will make beauties with them.. How fun.. Have a wonderful, creative day !! hugs ~tea~

TattingChic said...

What fabulous finds! That oval window is beautiful. How cool that you got all that lace and embellishments from that lady's stash! Have fun and I look forward to seeing what you make with all of it! :)

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Wow! What great finds. Have fun with them.

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Great finds! That oval stained glass was only $25.00??? Fantastic!

Kimberly :)

Amy at Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Hi Janet! I had to stop by and tell you, I LOVE your new spring goodies!! Everything is so precious. The bunnies are beautiful and the chick cakes are adorable!!

Hugs,
Amy