Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Testing The Waters

I hope that all my sweet friends are doing well and enjoying the beginning of the Fall Season:-). It's been awhile since my last blog post.....a LONG while! We have been doing quite a bit of weekend traveling, mostly to visit with our girly girls who we miss so much. It's a good miss though, and it's nice to see how they are doing so well on their own.

I have been busy with custom dress form orders lately, and haven't had much time to work on the website~and am waiting for some exciting things to come in that I know the Shabbyfufu customers will love. Shipping just seems to be soooo slow on these items, but hopefully I will have them in and photographed by next week sometime!

Testing the waters here, or should I say going back to my roots? I have been preparing for a local show on South Beach here in Miami, coming at the end of the month. I have been reading about the girls who travel all over the country doing shows and attending workshops, and I have to hand it to you......but don't know if I have it in me any longer! I had done shows for years before the invent of the internet allowed me to stay at home more. My first experience with doing a show was when I was about ten years old, and I organized a show for my crafts and those of some of my like minded friends in the area where my family had rented a summer cottage in the mountains of Pennsylvania. I still have vivid memories of that, and I think that it set my course for life as not only an artist, but as an entrepreneur. Since then there have been countless others....as a struggling college student studying art selling my paintings and pottery, as a young Mom with my diaper bag creations and as a slightly older young Mom with my line of hand painted clothing from my Pour It On Productions Studio. It's been years though.......so we will see how this goes.

I have been hand dying hundreds of yards of fabrics and ribbons, mostly for Dressforms....some for sale:



Crafting Cupcakes, some for the website too:



Making lots of cards, cutting vintage wallpaper and packaging them for sale:



Fufu'ing up baskets and trays:



Waxing flowers:



I think that these are some of my favorites
....vintage doll head bottle angels. They are so sweet in person and fun to make:-). I will list a few on the website:



Have a lovely week!

~XOXO~
Janet

9 comments:

Anita said...

Janet,
I am excited for you about your upcoming show....GOOD LUCK! Also, all of your items/creations you are working on are simply
SCRUMPTIOUS!! I want several of them!! Thanks for the great blog today!
Anita~

Amy at Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Oh Janet, everything looks so beautiful as always! I just loved reading this post about your first show! That must have been so much fun! Good luck to you with the coming show and I KNOW you will be a huge success!

Big Hugs,
Amy

Abbondanza said...

Hello Janet,
I love your work, especially the chandeliers! And those waxed flowers are lovely too.

Kind regards,
Mirjam

Judy said...

Good luck at your show. You have been a buy girl creating all those beautiful things. I love them all.

Simply Me Art said...

Oh Janet, it is sooo Funny that you posted about this. I just did my first local event this past weekend and I tell you Im still worn out! LOL.. It was a weekend of Wonderful bonding but also working and all the prep leading up to it By Sunday evening I was in bed by 7pm. I have a workshop Im attending in a few weeks for the weekend and Im sure Ill be Exhausted for that one too. It is a Good tired but none the less it's Tired. Your Hand dyed fabric and lace is Stunning, also the doll topped bottles are Gorgeous too. Gald you are doing well. Jamie

Victoria Lynn said...

Hi Janet,
I can see why you haven't been on for awhile...you've been mighty busy, girlfriend! All those lovelies! Best of luck with your show...it can be fun to meet people who come to see your wares! :) Is it cooling down any? It's still been hot here! Have a wonderful week.
Hugs,
Victoria Lynn

Niesz Vintage Home said...

I hope you have a great time at the show!
Its been a while since I've done one, but I absolutely loved the interaction and being able to meet so many wonderful people face to face. But...the getting up before dawn and the packing and unpacking all the stuff...not so much. LOL

I'm lovin the vintage wallpaper packets! and of course, your other items are gorgeous, too.

Take care.
Kimberly :)

Vintagebella ~ Andrea said...

Good luck with the show Janet , all you things are just really pretty!

NeereAnDear said...

Hey girl ... Missed you... I havent been doing too much blogging... still recooping... bit harder than I thought it would be but getting there

I am glad your back... I love to see all the fabulous creations ...

Those cupcakes are way darling .. love the idea of them in the tea cup...

Trying to get myself motivated ....need to get to work on all these fab creations I have in mind

soon I hope

HUGS TO YOU

JO