Sunday, July 6, 2008

Missing In Action - Enjoying Summer's Bounty

I have been missing in action for a few days and it was just soooo nice to get away to our beach place. Lately I have been doing a lot of thinking, and being by the sea is soothing to the soul~to ponder, reinvent, and seek inspiration. I did NOT take the old laptop, so now I have lots of catching up to do with both the website at SHABBYFUFU, and my blogging friends who I promise to visit soon! In the meantime:

Some of our neighbors put on the most fantastic fireworks display for the 4th of July holiday! Although I didn't bring the big guns paparazzi camera and just had my little Canon Elph, I am happy with the artsy direction of the firework explosions.........

Sunrise over the ocean really needs no explanation.....




Ready for an early morning run with my silly pink sunhat. Don't laugh too hard!.........

Nature's gifts.......





Our beach is a quiet sanctuary, and the Loggerhead Turtles make their yearly treks to lay eggs in the sand. They come out of the sea at night, and in the morning you can see their tracks~both coming and going. The nests are buried about 10" deep in the sand and it's quiet enough here where no one bothers them........


Time to go back and soak it all in........

Talk soon....enjoy the week ahead and enjoy summer's bounty wherever you are~
Love,
Janet

18 comments:

  1. Good Morning and welcome back Janet,Thanks for the stoll on the beach, one of my favorite things in the whole wide world. I have to go to where I can be totally alone and let my girls run free, they love it. I am a HUGE beach glass collector! Do they have any there? I have all this glass and need to do a project with it! Love your nature and 4th photos. come by and enter my drawing! Have a wonderful day! Diana Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet,
    How blessed you are to have a weekend getaway. And good for you running, getting in exercise. I need to be so disciplined.

    Hugs,
    LeAnn:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you living so close to the ocean!! I'll be in Miami in a few weeks; who knows, I might see you walking by the beach... :)

    Have a great day

    Cielo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janet,

    What fun! The turtles are something I would love to see in person. What a gift!

    Enjoy your week.

    hugs to you,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet

    I love coming to your blog, I know I will never be disappointed. Your photos are awesome and I love reading your stories. Sounds like a very relaxing weekend.

    P.S. I love the silly pink hat!

    Lisa
    www.palepinkandroses.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so lovely where your beach house is... there is nothing like the soothing sound of the ocean to cleanse the mind and the spirit...

    Love you little pink hat... it suits you ... tres chic little sun bunny

    Enjoy your time... Love the photos especially the fireworks... they look like abstract paintings

    HUGS

    JO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since we don't live near the beach, I especially enjoyed tagging along with you through your photos!
    I think you are adorable in your pink sunhat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking through the photos I felt as if I were there...walking on the grainy sand beach, pondering my own thoughts as I looked out across the calming waters..
    I needed this post today! So happy I stopped by - Since I cannot get to the Coast here in Oregon, I will come and view your photos now and again when I need time to just breathe :) So peaceful.
    Everything is Lovely Janet - xoxo Sher

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful place to live! You are truly blessed Janet!! These pictures make me realize how much I need a vacation!!

    Hugs!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so cute in your pink hat! I love sunsets..hoping to go to the beach this weekend, it's only a two hour drive and theres lots of auntique shops I like to visit there too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you are Enjoying your Summer Janet.Beautiful Pictures makes me really long for the Beach. Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm SO glad you had a great time at your beautiful beach Janet AND I'm glad you are back - safe and sound!

    xo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Janet!! What gorgeous pictures! You look so cute in your pink hat :) I am glad you got to get away and enjoy yourself. You derserve that!!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Janet. Nice break for you. The beach pictures look so refreshing. Lucky you!

    XO
    Brook

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Janet,
    You always capture great pictures. Love coming to your blog to see what your up to.
    Have a great day,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome beach shots, Janet! You must have had a marvelous time. So glad you shared some of your lovely little getaway corner of the world with us. What a tremendous blessing to have such a special family retreat.

    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi janet...love your site...great stroll on the beach..thanks for sending my mags so quickly...you are a talented lady...keep up the good work...cheers from the land of OZ..andrea_louise

    ReplyDelete