Thursday, June 26, 2008

What You Didn't See

Well I am still here....no beach trip yet, maybe this weekend but we still are not sure. Mixed emotions are running high in our household, as our older daughter is moving out and moving on TOMORROW! She is doing her last couple of college courses on~line to graduate, and is moving over to the West Coast of Florida with her long time boyfriend who has already graduated and is working there. As any parent knows who has had a child grow up and leave the nest....it's bittersweet. It's what you strive for~their independence, it's what you hope for~a happy life. She has been away at college for a long time now, but this will be different and we are thrilled for her and will miss seeing her in the room that she grew up in. Hmmmm.....I will have an extra room to decorate now and I guess that's the perk!

Packing it all up.....amazing what she has crammed into her Honda Civic!


Little Sweetie:-)
I love this photo of the girls on our cruise.




I have been cleaning up my computer this morning and organizing photo files~as it's getting sooooo slow!!! I found these and am filing them away for posterity....and since most of you have seen the new Romantic Country Magazine by now, I thought that I would share some more photos. I can't use any of Dan Mayer's photos, so these are some that I took. By the way, congrats Dan on the birth of your twins~may they only have hair as curly as yours!


My small studio space which now may be moved into the upcoming spare room. Overtaken by camera equipment and styling supplies that Fifi brought for the shoot.

A view from the family room into the dining room that is on the other side of the kitchen. In Florida we don't really use formal dining rooms much, as we mostly entertain outside. I am glad that this house doesn't have a separate formal dining room for that reason.

Opposite direction, dining to family room. I enjoy the open feeling of this space, and I think that the white cabinets make it light and airy.

Fifi attends to every detail in her styling, including sprinkling rose petals on the floor.

Not every room made it in, but here are some shots of the boudoir and master bath~my refuge at the end of the day.





It was a RARE cold day here in Miami, hence the long sleeves and bulky sweater. A fun time:-)


Off to the Studio for some projects and special orders. Have a beautiful weekend dear friends!

Lots of love,
~Janet~




18 comments:

  1. I truly enjoyed the issue of that magazine. My favorite publication! Your home is quite lovely. And Fifi, we all love her too! My daughters have been "out of the nest" for years now. They're 29 & 33. Bittersweet, but part of the cycle of life.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, I am in full empathy with the college thing, as my oldest is a senior in high school this year. We have all that to look forward to next summer. Loved the photos you took from the photo shoot!! Fabulous! BTW, thanks so much for your comment on my blog, it meant the world to me!

    Have a blessed weekend,
    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Janet, I love this post! So many beautiful pictures! Your girls are lovely! I can only imagine how hard it must be when they move out :( I feel like crying when one of my boys has a sleep over!! Pathetic, I know, lol!

    Your home is just gorgeous! I could look at these pictures all day! I love the way you have decorated the backs of your dining chairs!! I would love to be able to do that! You anre FiFi look so cute :) I really enjoyed the article and know I will refer back to it often :)

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is just fabulous janet! I can only imagine what it feels like to have your dear daughter leaving.. Mine are still little and I tell them they can live with me forever ! maybe some chocolate would help..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a home! That must have been such an experience!

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet,
    Well bless you and your daughter! I know it must be so difficult for both of you. Daughters are so special! Congratulations on the magazine - I poured over every detail of your home! It's SOOO beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. I know how much work it is getting ready for the shoot and the shoot takes so much time! You should be proud, it turned out great! Have a wonderful weekend! Blessings, Victoria Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be thinkin' about you Janet. :) My sister and sister-in-law are going through the same thing right now with their kids leaving the nest. We prepare ourselves for years for this but it is never easy. Luckily I have a few more years left with my babies. (I'll remind myself of this when they are driving me crazy this summer!)

    Loved seeing the out-take photos....your home is such a beautiful place. :)

    Joy
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty girls and lovely home you have Janet!

    XO
    Brook

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janet,

    I can relate although it has been a while. When my oldest son got married- it knocked me for a loop. I thought he was still a baby-hehe.

    I love the extra pictures and definitely enjoyed the article.

    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. You might gain that extra room but if they're like mine, they always make you feel guilty for you using it for something else besides "their room". Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet,
    Your girls are beautiful! Best wishes to your daughter on her move!
    Wow I just love the pictures of your home. Everything is so gorgeous as was the magazine pics. Just a real joy to look at over & over.
    Thanks for your compliments on my blog. Boy I love that statue on the tub!!! Beautiful!!!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Janet,
    I am with you in bittersweet thought. I've found myself there somewhat already and my daughter's still at home & has another year of high school. Where does the time go? But it is best to let them fly (I know... but...!).

    The picture of your girls on board is beautiful - better frame that one.

    Your home looks beautiful even with all the camera equipment around and I sure wish my bath/boudoir looked so crisp as yours does here. Thanks for sharing the extra pics - you know I'm a Romantic Country Magazine junkie. The picture of you and Fifi is great - two sweet ladies there.

    ...And thanks for listening to me go on and on - Janet ;)

    Happy weekend~
    xoxo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, now that was fun!! I just went browsing through your blog!! Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Janet, I'm sure I will be that same way one day when my birds leave the nest. Awww, as crazy as they make us when they are gone it is a differn't story when they leave. I bought the Mag. and Im so thrilled for you. Your house is Gorgeous. Its a keeper for me. Hope you are Enjoying your getaway weekend, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I havent got the new mag yet, it hasnt come out here, but I'll be first in line!
    Love the photos, but how nerve-racking was it.....My best friend had her home in an Australian magazine, and suggested for me to try it, but I'd be a complete mess, stressed before it even started!Though your home is gorgeous, and mine is a work in progress!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I started writing to you and something happened... so if I wrote twice... forget one?

    I can totally identify with the empty nest syndrome.... and when they leave you still want to protect them from the world... it's a mother thing... ya cant help it...

    As for your house... girrlllll !!
    LOVE IT!! Its shabby...chic... but not too FRUFRU.....not too over the top...its got a comfy look and feel

    Anyhow even with those cameras all over the place ...its lovely .... great sense of style you have...

    Have fun at the beach when you get there...

    HUGS

    JO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your home is so gorgeous. Is your shower screen engraved or is that a decal?

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have a gorgeous family and a lovely home! I cannot imagine my kids packing up! I am teary just thinking of my oldest starting kindergarten this fall! I don't know how you will do it.

    ReplyDelete