Sunday, April 13, 2008

Outasite Impromptu

I have been out of site for a few days taking some time off. At the last minute we decided to go up to our beach place on Friday to meet up with our college girls and their friends. The weather has been just gorgeous in Florida (sorry those still in the snow:-) and these impromptu trips are sometimes just what the doctor ordered for our sanity.
Thankfully Mr. Fufu can work remotely, at least for a day....since he has this (a blessing and a curse at times):


Of course we always bring him:


And on the way into the island we stop for groceries, including plenty of this:

Over the bridge to our bit o' paradise, once it's down of course.

Since of course the sun sets in the west, the sunsets over the ocean are not always so spectacular, but I thought that this one was particularly lovely with the pink in the clouds.


The next morning provided us with this incredible sunrise!


I took a walk/jog on the beach down to the jetty where the surfers hang out. There actually is quite a bit of surf, but generally not until the wind picks up later in the day.



I spent the entire day lazing on the beach with a good read and a bottle of suntan lotion. Hardly ever get to do this anymore, it was absolutely medicinal! By the way, I HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone and everyone.


Here's me...happy, relaxed and definitely more tan.

We went out to dinner at a seafood restaurant that we enjoy. It's on a marina that has some amazing boats and yachts to look at.

We had the pleasure of the company of this pretty girl, our youngest daughter. She is going to be a senior in college next year....hard to believe how fast the time has gone by!

Our older daughter, her boyfriend and another friend came and spent the night on Saturday. So fun to relax with all of them. Back to work on MONDAY for us all..............

I hope that you had a relaxing weekend......wherever you live!

Talk soon~
XOXOXO, Janet

20 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful relaxed weekend.
Great way to recharge the batteries of life.
Alison

GeorgiaPeachez said...

Awww, that was a lovely and relaxing blog! xo, suzy

Tutti Chic said...

Beautiful family~Beautiful place Janet! SO glad you got away for a wonderful weekend at your beautiful beach house with the fam!:) xoxo tutts

Pink Icing on the Cake said...

What a wonderful way to spend the weekend. I so enjoyed the pictures of the ocean and that sunset was magnificent. We had a very cold and rainy weekend here in Ohio but hopefully good weather is coming very soon.

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

Gail McCormack said...

Good on you Janet! My favourite way of relaxing is to sit on the beach reading, like you I don't get to do it ofter, which makes it all the more special! It was great to meet your beautiful family.

Simply Me Art said...

Nothing like a weekend away. I so Love the sunsets in Florida, your tan is looking Fabulous too.

Donna Lynn said...

Your so tan, the rest of us are rusting up here in the Pacific Northwest! Loved the pictures, your family is just beautiful, and yes, the kids grow up so fast where does the time go? My baby boy just turned 16! Waaaaa...
Thanks for the having such a beautiful blog to visit, it's like a vacation. Bless you, Donna Lynn

Victoria Lynn said...

I'm so glad you were able to get away and enjoy your family! You need it after all you've been through! Beautiful, peaceful photos! You look so cute in your photo and your daughter is beautiful! Have a great week! Blessings, Victoria Lynn

Joy said...

Wow Janet, that looks like a little slice of heaven indeed. :) I fear I would never leave with views like that!

p.s. that is a FAB photo of you :)

Joy

Trisha said...

Janet, you look wonderful! And what a nice pic with your husband too! So glad that you were able spend some time relaxing on the beach....clearing your mind, refreshing your soul. You deserve it! I have been trying to get my hands on that book to read. I will add that to my to-do list this week! Take care and look for a little package coming to you soon (from me)!
xoxo

Anita said...

Janet,
You are soooooooo tan, I would like so pasty white next to you, I am so envious. Spring has definitely skipped over us this year, send sunshine our way. We had spring for 2 days this weekend, and back to winter now...honestly so depressing. Super great family photos AND scenic photos!!! Thanks for sharing, but I am still envious of warm weather.....
Hugs,
Anita~

Lisa said...

Janet

What a lovely weekend. I love spending time with family and when you can do it on the beach reading a book, well, then that is perfection.

Have a great Monday!

Lisa
XOXO

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Aahhh...now that's the life!

It sounds like you had a wonderful get away.
Hoping to see some sun myself, soon.

Kimberly :)

NeereAnDear said...

Must have been one of those weekends for all of us... have some great pics to show soon... letting the mosaic pics last a few days longer

Glad you took a few days... sometimes it is definitely needed

HUGS

JO

tales from an O.C. cottage said...

Thank you for visiting me! I hope are rested and refreshed after your weekend...those sunsets would do wonders for anyone!

M

Roxie said...

Hi Janet! I'm so glad to hear you got some time away to relax. I couldn't believe the picture of your College Senior was your daughter! I totally thought that was you and hubby until I read the caption. Wow!!!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Janet,

I am really enjoying the magazine. Thank you so much! :-)

Your weekend must've been wonderful, so nice to be with your lovely!

Blessings,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Nice post for such a great weekend, Mama! I'm becoming quite the fan of your cute blog. :)

Love you!
Kay

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage said...

Janet ~ That sounds like a wonderful weekend ~~~ ohhhh my gosh !!! I am living through you being able to just pop down to the beach ~ ahhhh !!! I am a California beach girl and miss it terribly ~
Don't you just love it when your kids are that age and you can just hang out together ~ mine are 19 and 21 and we have the best times when they all come home to visit ~
xoxo,
Lori

Tracie said...

Hi Janet,
Better late than never (I missed the weekend post, but it sure looks like bliss!). I felt my blood pressure drop just looking at your lovely photos. What fun you must've had. I know all too well about that blessings and curse contraption of your husband's... but it sure is nice to have them with us instead of the office, isn't it? Oops, almost forgot, business trip coming up, so I better enjoy it now, contraption and all. Happy evening sweets - thanks for the pep-talk walk info!
xoxo~Tracie