Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mid Week Musings

Just a quick Mid Week Musings, as several of my bloggy friends have told me that they look forward to it each week~thanks Chics! I am paying the piper for the weekend away at the beach, but it was soooo worth it to spend time with the family.

Lots of packing and shipping has been going on around here the last couple of days, this is what's waiting to be picked up by the Mail LADY today~mostly Nighteas and other assorted "smalls". I remember the days not so long ago in around '99 when I first started selling on the internet and had to drag all of this stuff to the Post Office and wait in line~what a PIA that was! Thankfully it's lots easier now with most of the internet shippers doing pick up. More to pack again today, but that's all good....means things have sold:-)


Just itching to get to these two new American Beauties that I have been designing in my head for the last week or so......hopefully will at least get started today.


My inspiration for the latest Dress Forms came from this old hand embroidered silk textile that I have had hanging around, hence the name....and will be rose strewn in pastel tones.

Other than that, Nighteas are calling my name, but will have to wait for Mr. Fuf's help on the weekend.


Our website seamstress extraordinaire Debbie La France has been embroidering away this week creating the most beautiful Lavender Sachets for Mother's Day and for the TEA LOVER. Here is a sampling....they are in limited quantities with many spoken for~LOVE these!


There goes the doorbell which means the Mail LADY is here~must run!

XOXO~
Janet

15 comments:

Shabby in Pink Boutique said...

Whooo Hoo Janet, You go! I just wanted to stop by and say Hello and Happy Spring!
Stephanie

Pink Icing on the Cake said...

You have such wonderful things to look at. I bet it is nice not to wait at the post office. I dreaded that when I was selling on eBay, the waiting....we are impatient aren't we?? Can't wait to see more of your lovelies.

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

Alison Gibbs said...

Wow you have been busy packing.
Alison

Anita said...

Janet,
The American Beauties pillow top is to die for! Cannot wait to see the new dress forms! Maybe my package is in the huge pile you have there! Send sunshines and sales my way here....very cold, still winter weather, yet it is spring, setting records for cold and it's affecting store sales big time, along with the cost of gas...ugh! I guess we are 2nd highest in the nation right now on the price of gasoline...can you believe that??
Anita~

Simply Me Art said...

It is So Nice to be so Busy isn't it! The Embroidered Pillow is Gorgeous. Im blogging about you and your Special Necklace tomorrow. Please stop in, in the next few days to read a little tribute! Thanks for the update... Jamie

DEBBIE G. said...

Janet...So glad I stopped by the blog to read it! I saw the darling MOM pillow & told my daughter I know what I wanted for Mothers Day!! LOL....She was happy..no Mall shopping for her & I got what I wanted:) So Thank You!!
I love all your pretties! Its so hard to decide sometimes...
Hugs..
Deb:)

Donna Lynn said...

So happy that you posted! Yea!!!!Love to hear what you are up to, sounds like you sold a bunch, good for you! It was wonderful that you could get away and have a beach break, it probably got your batteries recharged. You will now be full of new and exciting things to share with all of us...
Blessings, Donna Lynn

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Janet
I must say I've met some quite interesting people while standing in line at the post office, I'm trying to think positive here!
Collecting all those pretty cups for the Nighteas must be a job in itself. Looking foward to the seeing the New American Beauties. Love Debbie's pretties, especially the one for Tea Lovers.

Lola Enchanted said...

Whoa! You can ship those fabulously filled boxes my way!!!
{{wink, wink}}. Gorgous blog!~

Tracie said...

Oooh Janet,
How I wish all those parcels were on their way to my cottage!
Those American Beauties... can hardly wait to see those when the time's right. And the pillows embroidered and sewn by Debbie, how lovely - gosh, I better go check out the site. I've been trying to be good, but it's been whispering in my ear - must go, must go!
xoxo~Tracie

Jillian said...

Oh I know what you mean by the line at the post office! Definitely a PIA. Most of the time my dear hubby will offer to do it for me.

Your blog is so pretty! A real joy to peruse!

I just opened my new website and I'm having a givewaway...stop by if you'd like.

PAINT MINE PINK said...

Ohmygosh Janet just the thought of having to take all those parcels to the post office makes me cringe..LOL. Lucky you dont have to do that anymore! Phew.
That Mum Lavender sachet is just beautiful.
Sounds like you have been a very busy little bee.

Have a gorgeous weekend.

Shann x

Sharon said...

I can't wait to see the American Beauties all done up~ the silk embroidered pillow top is very insipring indeed. ~S

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Whew, you are busy!

Can't wait to see the newest dressforms. And your tea Lights are always a treat.

Kimberly :)

Joy said...

Hi Jant,

I know all about the Post Office blues...our postal system has gone crazy with their rates so every week I take my U.S. orders and mail them from NY across the border from where I live. It helps that I have a couple of fav shops that I go to when I'm over there. It also helps that I don't have stacks of boxes to mail like you do too! :) lol

Joy