Monday, March 24, 2008

With Each Passing Day


As many of you know, I haven't blogged for the last week due to the untimely passing of my dear older brother Russell. He has been peacefully laid to rest, and I have been gathering my thoughts and spending extra time with our family members and friends. Speaking of friends.....I am so grateful, humbled and feel so blessed with all of the support from the on~line community~both fellow bloggers, dear customers, other website owners that I have met over the years and the sweet artisans who work with me on the website. The emails, comments, phone calls, cards, flowers and gifts have really touched my heart ladies.....and have truly helped to brighten these difficult days. THANK YOU all so very much, you are appreciated:-).

This week I hope to get back to work a bit when I can, and will be planning the website Newsletter with some fabulous new things coming in April from myself and the other artisans on the site.

I FINALLY got my hands on the new Romantic Country Magazine, which unfortunately seems to be a difficult one to find. I know that many of the bloggers are aware that my home was in a Photo Shoot a couple of months back, which I had blogged about after Fifi had posted about it on her blog. I have had quite a few emails asking where my house is.....which I knew did not make it into this particular issue. It should be in the summer issue (my Florida house is very summery anyway)....so let's see what happens:-). Fifi is doing a wonderful job with the magazine, hopefully you will be able to locate a copy in your neck of the woods. My "pen and quill" got a workout for this issue (okay, my keyboard!) as I wrote a 10 page article on the BEAUTIFUL home of Debbie Del Rosario. She was a delight to talk to, and a big help in filling me in on the details of her ROSE RETREAT. I see some Gail McCormack paintings hanging about, nice to see the work of my friends in these homes. Speaking of pretty work....Debbie creates beautiful jeweled picture frames that you can find on her Ebay ID under the name of Bubbathump (don't ask~lol!).
Look for the piece about my dear friend Tara, and her gorgeous website Bella Pink......and sewing whiz Debbie La France (finally happy to see your home Debbie!) who sells her stunning candle bags and sachets on the website at Shabbyfufu.

That's all she wrote (or I wrote) for now,
I will leave with a little sneak peek at some studio projects coming to the website soon:




Talk soon~
XOXO~
Janet



14 comments:

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Hi Janet, the biggest of ((((((hugs)))))) at this difficult time. So glad to see you back blogging again, its always so lovely to visit you!
Alicia ~ time worn style

Tracie said...

Hi Janet,

Just a quick wink ;) sweetheart.

xoxo~Tracie

Brook said...

Those cupcakes are just the sweetest and cutest ever!!

Brook

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Janet,
I am so sorry to hear about your brother, what a sad time for you and your family.
Thanks for your visit earlier, I've been looking for that Romantic Country Magazine here in Portland all weekend. Seems THE magazine to buy right now yet I cannot find it. I'll keep trying, it sounds like a wonderful one!
Blessings,
Melissa

Gail McCormack said...

Hi there!
Great to have you back Janet, you are so very right, with every passing day things will become a little easier. I know you have many on-line friends who will always be there to offer their help and support. We're just an email away!
I'm looking forward to getting my copy of Romantic Homes which I've just ordered through The Old Painted Cottage.
Talk again soon
xo

Sue said...

Glad to see you are back, and know that time heals in amazing ways...cant wait to see your new projects!
Sue

NeereAnDear said...

Hi Janet..... There is nothing better than knowing people care about you during the rough times... Support means a lot and I for one am happy to be counted among those who are most willing to lend it when needed...

First a big HUG ...

Second... congratulations on your piece in Romantic Country... I am having a difficult time trying to find it too....hopefully soon...as I would love to read your article...

Your new little goodies are fab... cant wait to see more...

HUGS TO YOU

JO

Tara said...

Hi Janet,
hugs to you and glad to see you popping in here to say hello. I know everyone was concerned and sends well wishes.

Your article in RC is wonderful and I can't wait to see your chic "Casa" in the pages soon!~xo

Jen ~ ARTful Dreamer said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Janet. I can only imagine the ache in your heart. May you find peace to accept his passing and may happiness fill your heart & home very soon. All my best - Jen

Sharon said...

Janet~ take time~ you deserve it.
The new 'sweeties' are just adorable~ can't wait to see them on your site.~S

Victoria Lynn said...

Janet, Congratulations on the beautiful article in such a wonderful magazine...I just finished reading it! Have you met Donna Pizzi? I met Donna and her husband last October when they were photographing my best friend's house here in Washington. The article is in the May issue of Country Sampler magazine. Really wonderful people...I can't wait to see your home in the upcoming magazine. Happy Spring and hope you are doing better in this difficult time. You are in my prayers, Victoria Lynn

Tutti Chic said...

Janet~Happy to see you are getting back into the swing slowly. My heart hurts for you....
I totally enjoyed your piece in RC my friend!xo tutts

lisa said...

Hi Janet
I was so happy when I visited your blog this morning to see that you are back. I love the cupcakes they are gorgeous.

Lisa

Vicki said...

Hi
I am so sorry for your loss..
Vic xx