Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday Shoppe Talk


It's been awhile since I have done a Friday Shoppe Talk....the veritable "so much to do, so little time". Boxes are packed and out the door this morning, sigh of relief. I have lots running in the brain to work on, will see what I can get done if I turn this darn computer off for a bit the next couple of days. Monday is my birthday, and we will up at my sissy's on Sunday with some family for a little fĂȘte.

I am trying to get the Bits & Pieces Boutique going on the website, which you may have noticed. My studio closets are crammed with bits and pieces that I have collected over a life time of creative endeavors, so I figured that I could part with some goodies for you creative gals. Also working on some stuff for the annual opening of our Beach Cottage Boutique...sometime in March with some fabu things on the way that you won't find anywhere else:-).

But for now.........look for this Wowzie Antique French Mannequin (among some other goodies) next week on Shabbyfufu which is a recent Buying Trip acquisition. Thought about it being a keeper for a long and hard couple of weeks, but I am more of a finder than a keeper....and she's quite a treasure.

One more quick note, I opened our local paper with my cuppa Joe this morning to find this article by the humorist Dave Barry....which happened to be about colonoscopies. " A Journey Into My Colon And Yours" is a
MUST read (click on the link) if you are having any issues or are in the 50+ age group.....and in true ROTFLOL Dave Barry style. Have a wonderful weekend ladies.......and maybe a fĂȘte of your own!

XOXO~ Janet ~



12 comments:

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Oh Janet, that French Mannequin was a fun find!
And boy, do I know what you mean about the collections of bits and pieces. I'm in the process of putting together fabric & trim craft packs, myself. All that little stuff takes up a lot of room!
Fun read about the colonoscopy. LOL
I've got a few years before I go there...but I am 2 years overdue for my baseline mamogram. Yikes!
You got an article for that? :)

Kimberly

Tracie said...

Oooh Janet,
So happily surprised you posted today. So many things to look forward to here in the future - am I curious!

You can't find things like yours anywhere else already Sweets.

So you're a finder not a keeper? I've got to work on that... you should see my poor little house!

I love Dave Barry, so I'm off to take a look.

Can't wait for all your surprises.

Happy weekend xo~Tracie

NeereAnDear said...

Janet first off I have to say that article is a hoot... what a hilarious way to write about a much needed procedure..

Can't wait to see what goodies you have in store for the new boutiques.. and the new finds on your site now are simply FAB

HUGS

JO

Gail McCormack said...

Hope you're feeling OK Janet, what a funny coincidence the article being published was, I'll take some time and have a read
Looking forward to seeing the new goodies, I'm with you Janet a finder not a keeper, I only keep because I don't get around to disposing of!

GeorgiaPeachez said...

Hi Janet, I got my package yesterday!! Wow, I had to sit down to recover, I am completely blown away by all the gorgeous beauties! Thank you very, very much. I did a little post about it today. And thanks for the Dave Barry humor, it made me cry it is so funny. xo, suzy

Fete et Fleur said...

Love the dress form! I can't wait to see all your goodies!

Hugs! Nancy

Joy said...

Happy Birthday Janet! Hope you enjoy your day on Monday :)

DEBBIE said...

JANET......HAVE A VERY HAPPY & BLESSED BIRTHDAY! I SO LOVE MY SHABBY NIGHTTEA!! YOU CANT STOP AT JUST ONE....AND LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE REST OF YOUR PRETTIES!
ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!:)
HUGS
DEB:)

Gail McCormack said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANET!! I think it must be nearly over your time....hope you had a wonderful day
with lots of love Gail xxx

Siobhan said...

Hello lovely Janet,

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! I hope you have a fantastic time full of lots of memories to last a life time! :)

Big hugs, Siobhan xo

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

A little Mc Bird told me its your birthday today young lady. Hope you had or a having a lovely one (not sure of time difference lol) and are spoilt rotten!!
Alicia ~ time worn style
PS. am in love with that mannequin too gorgeous!

Tracie said...

Hi Janet,
I stopped in to see if you'd posted. Hope you had a nice weekend.

So, your birthday's tomorrow? How fun!

Hope your special day is full of love and happiness - all things to cherish. Happy Birthday!
xo~Tracie