Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mid Week Musings

Hump day, mid week....whatever you like to call it, I will try and post a Mid Week Musings most weeks when time permits.

This has been one of those weeks that I am soooo glad to be living in South Florida! Not to upset those living in most of the rest of the country where the weather has been freezing cold...
.but just remember we get hurricanes here and you probably do not! I have really been enjoying having the house open and the air conditioner shut off for a change, and my office chair where I spend tons o' time has such a sweet view of the pool and yard. In fact I was day dreaming today, and something caught the corner of my eye outside. I grabbed my Canon XTI and did a quick switcheroo to the telephoto lens....and here is one of the shots that I was able to capture of a Great White Heron. Munching on lizards I suspect.....we have tons here, and my fur baby Murphy makes a daily sport of chasing them as well.



Lucky me.....looky here at what came in my mail today from the Chez Fifi household! Sceur Sylvie sat quitely at poolside here at Maison Shabbyfufu doing her needlework for a couple of days, and these French Lavender Sachets are the result of some of her stitching. They are going to be put up for sale on the website probably on Friday. Aren't they gorgeous?
Merci Sylvie!


That's all she wrote for the time being. I have been furiously working away on the "back end" of the website to bring new products for Friday, before I head out on a Buying Trip.

See you soon!
~ XO~ Janet


13 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Great photo of the heron.
What beautiful work Sylvie does. She and Fifi are so talented
Alison

NeereAnDear said...

I saw Sylvie's exquisite work on FiFi's webs site... so stunning... love the sachets.. they are charming...

What a great photo you took of the heron.. nice job

HUGS

JO

Tracie said...

Ooh Janet, you brat!
I just asked Fifi for a pillow less than an hour ago, then I come check here and you've got them plastered all over the place ~Seriously, good for you!
The real reason I'm visiting is I received my Foi charm today and I am thrilled, my heart is content. I can hardly wait for tomorrow to dress up in a frilly top (wish it was warmer here) and add my charm to the perfect piece of jewelry or even a pair of jeans - so feminine.
Oh yes, we have herons here too - they're lovely. Love the mid-week idea of yours too.
Bonne Foi,
Tracie

Tracie said...

Janet,
I LOVE all your new products ~ so very cool!

I want one of each and see things are going, going, gone...

It's raining (pouring!) here ~ aahh to savor marché aux puces, sounds like Heaven to me!
xoxo,
Tracie

Janet Bernasconi said...

Hi Janet!

Love your newsletter. Just wanted to say hello and say that I so agree with you about being blessed to be living in Florida where the sunshine is beautiful and the skies are blue while the rest of everyone is freezing! I feel so bad for them! But we get those awful hurricanes so we are not that lucky!
Hope all is well with you. Keep in touch!
XOXO
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

Gail McCormack said...

The photo of the Heron is fantastic Janet, looks like something out of National Geographic when really it's in the shabbyfufu back yard. Sylvie's work is superb, she must have loads of patience. Hope you're having a wonderful weekend away
xo

Tara said...

Lucky you sweets! Your gifts look lovely. (and the Heron isn't too bad either!)Hey.. I'm looking at rain and mud! Chat soon!~xo

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Lovely photo! Someday I'll live where its warm year-round...someday. :)

Such pretty little sachets!
Kimberly :)

Mandii said...

hey Janet, those little sweeties are the cutest! What a talent Sylvie has!! Super pretty!! Take care have a great week!! Oh and the Heron wow what a clear picture! what a lovely visitor!

Siobhan said...

Hi Janet, Did you say lizards? Dont tell my son because he will want to fly over and bring them home with him lol. You know how boys can be?

I love the photo of the Great White Heron and the little heart sachets are too cute!

Siobhan xo

Amy at Bunny Rose Cottage said...

Oh you are so lucky to be in warm weather! All I see is snow :( I cant wait for spring. Love the Heron!

I love the sachets!

Your home is beautiful and I cant wait to see it in the magazine!

Amy

Tracie said...

Hi Janet,
I received my nightea on Friday and it's even more beautiful in person. I kept it lit from Friday night through Monday morning. It is so lovely, and of course, it's lit again this evening.

Can't wait to hear about your trip and see the little lovelies you found. I don't know how you do it. Do you sleep?

xoxo~Tracie

Barbara Jacksier said...

While I'm usually envious of your weather, dear Janet,it was 67 yesterday and will be even warmer here today. The camellias are in bloom and even the chipmunks are out.
The hearts are absolutely exquisite!Talent runs in the Fifi family!