Saturday, December 1, 2007

It's Beginning To Look Alot Like Christmas

I have really been a slacker when it comes to Blogging lately, but with good excuse! The website has really been super busy lately with the Holiday crunch and something just has to give~so my Blogging has fallen by the wayside. Just to let you know that I am still here, I am posting a few photos of my home Holiday decorating that I just started on today.

We have certain traditions in our family that I must adhere to, or risk setting the daughters and Mr. Shabbyfufu on a rampage! The first is that we HAVE TO HAVE a "real" Christmas Tree, not just one of my several faux. The family room is where the real pine goes.....and they take care of "sprucing up" (no pun intended!) that room with ornaments garnered as souvenirs from our many family trips taken over the years. The outside is Mr. Shabbyfufu's domain...and I must say that I don't mind not having to stand on a ladder hanging lights at all. This afternoon he is pressure washing to rid the outside of a summer's worth of mildew....and up go the strands of lights tomorrow.

Speaking of outside.....our majestic Macaw friends stopped by our home for a munch yesterday.....as our coconut palms are budding and blooming~which is a veritable feast for those guys. We have MANY palms, and just prior to Hurricane Season (which just ended thankfully!) we had about 5,000 coconuts removed.........much to the Macaw's chagrin. Here they are.....I thought that you might enjoy seeing them in all their GLORY~in the wild, as nature intended:-)


A few vignettes for your perusal.....hopefully I will get some more shots over the next week.

The living room is MY DOMAIN.....so it looks a bit like Candyland for some fun! A collection of pastel glitter houses, vintage mercury glass balls, netting angels and bottle brush trees on the living room mantel.

A vintage Italian Tole Rose display shelf that is always in flux. For Christmas this year it holds a bit of my collection of vintage beaded domes, a pair of vintage feather angels (I collect WAYYYY too many things, no?), and a piece of my teacup art. An antique French crown is set up on top, and some silver beaded strands are woven through for glisten and shimmer.

My favorite French statue, Ms. Chantal.....wearing a vintage crown and a long strand of antique German tinsel garland (the real stuff:-). This girl is ready to party!

Another vignette that sits on top of an antique display cabinet. I have collected display hands for years....and have just a few more this week left on the website for sale at a very reasonable price!

A grouping on the coffee table.....a huge vintage beaded dome used as a bowl with some of the vintage mercury glass balls that I have collected forever, a giant clam shell filled with some pine cones that I painted and glittered, a sweet old pink feather angel....and under the glass cloche~one of my Gossamer Gliss 2007 Holiday Collection that was a huge hit and is Sold Out for the season (thank you ladies~I am truly humbled by all of the compliments that have been received:-).

Darkness is setting in and I must get a bit more decorated........thanks for visiting today and have a wonderful weekend!
XO~ Janet ~ www.shabbyfufu.com

11 comments:

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Hi Janet, not to worry, I think the joy of the blogs is that you can pick them up again when you do have the time, thats one thing I love about them. Love the coffee table setting!
Alicia ~ tiem worn style

Gail McCormack said...

You have been a busy bee Janet, love it all! Don't forget some outside photos when Mr shabbyfufu finishes his outside decorating. I'd love to see some photos of your garden with the big palm trees, imagine all those coconuts!

Tutti Chic said...

Everything looks just gorgeous Janet as always!! I am in the same decorating mode tonight but am running out of steam!!LOL! Please post pics of beautiful outside shots when mr. fufu is done! It's snowing here & I am already fantasizing about our trips to Florida in Jan & Feb! xo tutti

Tutti Chic said...

Everything looks just gorgeous Janet as always!! I am in the same decorating mode tonight but am running out of steam!!LOL! Please post pics of beautiful outside shots when mr. fufu is done! It's snowing here & I am already fantasizing about our trips to Florida in Jan & Feb! xo tutti

Sherri @ Antique Paperie said...

Just Gorgeous, Miss Janet! My favorite is the Coffee Table setting - that teacup is divine under the glass dome. You have a talent for grouping together the most beautiful pieces - I am a big fan of anything you do! Yes, the Gossamer Gliss was truly unique - and so fabulous. You deserve all the accolades you recieve, sweets.
Happy Holidays!
xoxo Sherri

Kari & Kijsa said...

Fabulous photos- definitely walking in a winter wonderland (palm tree and macaws included!!)

blessings,
kari & kijsa

GardenGoose said...

lovely decorations!
hope you have a great week.

Monica said...

oh so such lovelies , I adore your coffee table grouping!

Alison Gibbs said...

Janet it all looks so beautiful.
Alison

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Hi Janet,

I have such a soft spot for the old german putz houses & porcelain hand molds..you're melting my heart over here!

oxox
Jennifer

FrenchGardenHouse said...

It all looks magical, Janet! It's quite a trick coordinating the website with real life, isn't it?

I simplified this year...and used lots of real plants, ivies and flowering white, with a few little vignettes here and there.

I will be back for another dose of "FuFu Magic" later.
hugs,Lidy