Friday, September 28, 2007

The Apple Doesn't Fall

Friday evening is here, thank goodness.....it's been just one of those weeks that I am glad is coming to a close. A long time friend's husband had a seizure last week, and unfortunately has been diagnosed with brain cancer that has already metastisized into his lungs and body. This came with no warning, and it's just so devastating~and serves as a reminder of how precious and fleeting life is. Good thoughts and prayers would certainly be welcome for Susan and her family.

Now on to a lighter hearted subject....my older daughter Kira (who is 24) and I did some thrifting last weekend, as she is in the process of decorating her apt. Although our tastes differ as she is more into "vintage modern", the apple certainly doesn't fall far from the tree in the artsy fartsy aspect of our lives. She found a hideous chair at Goodwill and is in the process of turning it into a chic piece indeed. I believe that it's from the 60's, and made of fruitwood, and had this horrendously horrid gold fabric covering it, and a button tufted back. My purchasing advice was nay, as I told her it would be so much work, that I didn't think in this case it would be worthwhile, but she was up for the challenge! It's a work in progress, but I think that she is doing a GREAT job~check out the Amy Butler buttons!



For those who have subscribed to Shabbyfufu on Feedblitz, please note that I am in the process of deleting that account.....but feel free to sign up for the Shabbyfufu website Newsletter if you would like to.

Have a wonderful weekend.....as always~ XO~Janet
www.shabbyfufu.com

3 comments:

Sweet Remembrance said...

Janet...The chair will be amazing when she is done I'm sure!
Love the buttons...
Have a great weekend-
Priscilla

Trisha said...

I am so sorry to hear of your friend's devastating news. I will keep them all in my prayers.

xoxo
Trisha
my2roses

Tara said...

Hi Janet,
Sorry to hear your friend's news. Prayers from PA. Your daughter is very talented and you're right about that apple. Can't wait to see the finished product!