Friday, August 24, 2007

Pretty Passion

I have been drawn to playful cherubs forever it seems, which is obvious if you visit my home where they seem to have taken over in certain areas. Such sweet innocence they exude...and the older, more beautifully aged and tattered the better. I thought that I would share a few special decorative pieces with you today, pieces that to me truly speak the language of love. Older than mankind, okay....not THAT old, but this is my absolute Favorite oil painting that I was fortunate to score years ago, before cherubs become so red hot. This one dates to the late 1800's and is has the mark of time with lots of tears, which make it all the more endearing. The colors are so softly muted, which makes it so very appealing. I have this one hanging over the mantle in our master bedroom.


I can't tell you how many emails I have received over the years asking to buy this plate! It's often used as a prop in my photo shoots, and I actually have a set six of these hand painted beauties. No decals on these, they are hand painted, dated and signed from the turn of the century.....and unless I win the mega lottery and can retire to an island in Caribbean are definitely not for sale:-)


This is an old French child's bed (headboard) that I picked up from a favorite Brocante dealer several years back, and have been trying to figure out what to do with. It almost fits under the fireplace in my master bedroom, so I may have the feet cut down and use it as a firescreen. Très Chic!


I hope that you all have a wonderful, inspired weekend!

Janet
www.shabbyfufu.com

2 comments:

Vicki Palmer (Pink Pearl Girl) said...

Hi Janet,
I love your cherubs as I am a cherub collector myself. Enjoyed reading how each piece came to your collection. The painting over your fireplace has been well loved and is still so very gorgeous!

Vicki Palmer
www.allblissbethine.com

Arlene said...

Janet, that headboard is to die for, and oh, it would be so pretty as a firescreen!